So Who Has Ordered and From Where?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Who Has Ordered and From Where?

So, I know there was that D2D offer over Easter weekend where BF3 was only $45, but I didn't grab it because it never said anything about "limited edition", so I figured it didn't offer the "Back to Karkand" expansion.

I would like to wait for it to appear on Steam, but like past EA titles on Steam release, the expansion offer will probably be expired when it is available on Steam for purchase. So now I'm here itching to pre-order through the EA Store.

So my question is:

Who here has pre-ordered the game?
    Where did you order from?

If you haven't pre-ordered, are you waiting for another sale or waiting for it to appear on Steam (tell which one or both)?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: So Who Has Ordered and From Where?

I'd rather pre-purchase from Amazon that the stupid EA store. The last thing I need is ANOTHER digital game service, and one as crappy as the EA downloader at that.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Waiting on STEAM. If not steam, will do boxed copy.
      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
        The last thing I need is ANOTHER digital game service, and one as crappy as the EA downloader at that.
        Amen to that, brother! Steam or box for me.

Comment

I always do box copy....hate the wait for patches through steam
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Waiting for steam as well.

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

D2d
              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                I always do box copy....hate the wait for patches through steam
                Steam for the win, Ven. Patches are pretty much instant, this isn't 2007. ;)

I'm waiting for more details on the MP side of things before pre-purchasing.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                  I'm waiting for more details on the MP side of things before pre-purchasing.
                  I'd take it a step further and ask, why "save" 10 bucks (or however much) by pre-purchasing and validating any (probable) imperfections in the game, sight-unseen? EA needs more accountability with the quality of their products, and that accountability is significantly reduced when you pre-order blind.

Quality titles like TF2, Portal 2, etc., I have no issue with. But people apparently need to assert their interests more with EA due to their long history of basic functionality not working out of the box, and even years after release. An example: the "friends" system in BF:BC2. Still 100% broken. Or VOIP. And so on.
                  Beatnik

Comment

Maybe Steam, but I would prefer to get the box copy.

Lets take an EVEN FURTHER step back and say Beatnik, dude, when the heck did you get back!?!?:)

Comment

Friends system? it works just fine.. Voip is still broken tho.

Just read an interview with some EA spokesman saying that already 7 times more copies has been pre-ordered for BF3 then they got for BC2 and they are expecting more when it get it out on steam.. The price for all the PR is around 1,2 billionKR 1,2/6= 600 million dollars..

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesblade...cle12984249.ab
                      Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I will be waiting for it to hit and get feedback from TG guys. After that, I will probably use steam.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Waiting for Steam and more MP infos. I guess I will pre-order after the (promised) Beta.
                          former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Hmm, looks like most of you (thus far) are waiting for it to release on Steam before ordering. I think I'm going to do the same now since mostly everything I have game-wise is on Steam or in a box. And I avoid boxes now since some of my older boxed games disks have become scratched to hell.

More MP info would be great, but I'm guessing the beta probably where most of that info will come from when and if there is a beta.

I'd take it a step further and ask, why "save" 10 bucks (or however much) by pre-purchasing and validating any (probable) imperfections in the game, sight-unseen? EA needs more accountability with the quality of their products, and that accountability is significantly reduced when you pre-order blind.

Quality titles like TF2, Portal 2, etc., I have no issue with. But people apparently need to assert their interests more with EA due to their long history of basic functionality not working out of the box, and even years after release. An example: the "friends" system in BF:BC2. Still 100% broken. Or VOIP. And so on.
                            Uh, as of right now, we're not saving any money pre-ordering. Some of us might have saved if we pre-ordered during those nice sales we had earlier, but I think most of us have held out on ordering.

As for making sure EA ensures basic functionality by not pre-ordering, well I don't think that's going to help much if any. EA games even before they turned betas into demos (and thus pre-ordering) already had trouble with maintaining what was promised from the get-go. TF2 and Portal 2...well those aren't EA titles. They're Valve titles and Valve's got a great history.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I should have waited for steam but went with EA for free kirkland map - paid in full already

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X