Battlefield 2143

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2143

I, just like every single other fan of first person shooters, and more specifically, the Battlefield franchise, am ecstatic about Battlefield 3. HOWEVER, what has me even more excited is the possibility of a sequel to Battlefield 2142 being released. In my opinion, BF 2142 was and still is one of the most perfect and balanced team based games to ever be released. It was like BF2 but BETTER.

Why was it better? Well, it took the features that made BF 2 great and improved upon them significantly. Gone were the overpowered vehicles like jets and choppers and in came gadgets such as the IED, cloaking device, and sentry gun, which added to the already superb infantry combat of BF 2. Im not saying the vehicles in BF 2 were bad, but we have all been on the receiving end of a jet pilot in BF2 and know the destruction he/she can cause. Hovertanks, battlemechs, and jet helicopters were the vehicles of choice, and even in the hands of good pilots, they never felt like they were overpowered. Also, the developers did a great job of adding counters to these vehicles. The most ingenious weapon was the Pilum Rail-Gun, which basically did the same thing a missile launcher would do but with the speed of a rifle. This ensured that no matter how good the vehicle pilot was, he couldn't outrun death forever.

The possibility of putting the weapons and features in Battlefield 2142 into the frostbite 2 engine give me the chills. So i ask this, has anyone else been thinking the same thing I have? And is anyone else more excited about the prospect of there being a Battlefield 2143 than Battlefield 3 itself?
    sigpic

Re: Battlefield 2143

I agree but I don't think this is the right sub-forum for this :D

Comment

Also agree with everything (especially the jets/choppers).Would be awesome to have a sequel to 2142, but don't think that will happen in the near future. :)

for BF3 i hope they bring the good balance from 2142 and the mini-map from bf2 (direction facing). Also let some buildings stand, so you have to us tactics and not granades. Would be nice if you stil could hide behind a corner.
      Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

Originally posted by TheNailer View Post
        ......HOWEVER, what has me even more excited is the possibility of a sequel to Battlefield 2142 being released.......
        Do you hope for this or have you heard something?

Comment

There is no doubt that there will be sequel to 2142, but how soon? It solely depend on the success of BF3 and the demand for remake of 1942. I predict next BF major title to launch 2014 its going to be 1942 or 2142 on frostbite engine.
          sigpic

Comment

I pray it is 1942. I enjoyed 2142 but mainly due to the mechs. 1942 is still hands down the best BF game to date IMO.
            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

When you say "there is no doubt," do you mean that you've seen incontrovertible evidence guaranteeing this? Or something else that might indicate you don't really understand what the phrase means? You know, like that preacher who claimed there was no doubt that the rapture would happen a few weeks ago?

:p

Comment

I doubt there will be a 2143. Modern Military shooters seem to be the way everything is going. I'd love 2142 in the Frostbite engine, who wouldn't? But I think the chances of that are slim.

Also, the title made me think that a 2143 announcement had been leaked from E3. Use question marks for speculation please, I'm all disappointed now!
                |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I would be, quite frankly, disappointed if this hypothetical 2143 did to BF3 what 2142 did to BF2. Aside from the crippling destruction of tactical air power, ground battles were significantly harder on infantry and vehicles alike with the introduction of large numbers of automated assets that allowed force multiplication far and beyond what was appropriate for the game. Automated gun turrets let a squad of 6 Support turn a flag on any infantry oriented map into an impossible to take fortress without the aid of an engineer's limited range EMP grenades or the commander's frequently destroyed EMP strike. The highly unbalanced damage and ballistics tables of the Clark shotgun further distanced those encounters from any semblance of fun for me (and many others).

On vehicle maps, the glitchy and unreliable Active Defense Countermeasures would frequently stop some rockets, and allow others through, while squads of 3xEngineer and 3xSupport would "wreck $*#%" with Pilum spam, which had to be nerfed to prevent snipers from using the Pilum over the Zeller or their faction's rifle. The battlemechs were.. unreliable support, either taken down in seconds or unstoppable, with (my opinion) unreasonably restricted fields of fire and inaccurate missile fire. This is to say nothing of the general lack of cover for infantry, and huge, wide open expanses between flags, or even the travesty of travesties, the motion mine, which until northern strike, had literally no counter at all except a suicide rush by an advance scout, and bypassed the ADC, allowing five mines to liquify tanks and walkers alike.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
                    Automated gun turrets let a squad of 6 Support turn a flag on any infantry oriented map into an impossible to take fortress without the aid of an engineer's limited range EMP grenades
                    Are you sure you're talking about BF2142? If so, definitely not on TG server.

Also before criticizing anything it is good to have in-depth knowledge about the subject. To correct just two of your mistakes:
                    engineers don't have EMP grenades;
                    there are at least six ways to get rid of motion mines without mine bait (which is the easiest of course).

Moreover I don't think BF2142 "did" anything bad to BF2. Some people find one game better, some the other. It's good to have a choice, isn't it? So making BF2142 successor is definitely a good idea, especially that there is only one futuristic game in Battlefield franchise.

Comment

If it plays like 2142, I don't care what the toys look like. There might have been a few problems with the game, but oh goodness was it ever the best BF? Yes, it was. Titan might have been a flop, but with some changes, even it could have been good. I'm hoping they can take Titan and some of Rush, remove the grenade-spam of both, and you'd end up with a potentially interesting gametype.
                      I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
                        the motion mine, which until northern strike, had literally no counter at all except a suicide rush by an advance scout, and bypassed the ADC, allowing five mines to liquify tanks and walkers alike.
                        Not many people know this, but you could drive an APC with the front into the mines.
                        BF2 would be great if an engineer could select a SAAW. :D
                        Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

I am praying to santa clause every night to make it true. All kidding aside, I have no idea or evidence that DICE will actually do this but I know many people preferred BF 2142 over BF 2, and now with frostbite 2, DICE could do some really creative things with 2143.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                            I doubt there will be a 2143. Modern Military shooters seem to be the way everything is going. I'd love 2142 in the Frostbite engine, who wouldn't? But I think the chances of that are slim.
                            I'd bet some substantial pocket money that the "futurisitic CoD" being developed will make futurisitc shooters all the rage after the saturation of modern-day shooters (similar to how CoD4 changed things after all the WWII shooters - even though BF2 was released way before CoD4), and DICE will make a sequel to 2142 to compete.
                            Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

2142 was the best balanced FPS to date IMO, If I can get half the enjoyment from BF3 that I did from 2142 I'll be thankful

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X