Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tue 7th morning - IGN MP preview - new info ! classes detailed !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tue 7th morning - IGN MP preview - new info ! classes detailed !

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/117/1172554p1.html

new info !

Re: Tue 7th morning - IGN MP preview - new info ! classes detailed !

Support is back :), medic ability moved to assault class. So only 4 classes? I guess they try to keep it simple?

You have time to get out of vehicles before they explode - interesting.

Still no mention about SL or anything related to battlefield organisation with orders etc?
    Last edited by Red; 06-07-2011, 03:03 PM.
    |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

The one thing that caught my eye was this

Revive was also something that players liked in Battlefield: Bad Company 2, but it was annoying when someone would revive you for points,
      only to do so when you were going to stand up right in an enemy's fire. Now you can opt out of a revive, looking to see how safe it is before you make a decision about whether a respawn
      at a different location would be more effective.

Not sure how this would work for the medic who is risking his life to revive you. Also what about players who don't care about winning and never wait for a revive and just opt to spawn back in.
      Battle is an orgy of disorder.-George S. Patton

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Red^Baron42 View Post
        Not sure how this would work for the medic who is risking his life to revive you.
        Hopefully the lightning-bolt <zap here> icon goes away when people "walk into the light".

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          Hopefully the lightning-bolt <zap here> icon goes away when people "walk into the light".
          That and the body should vanish quicker.

Comment

My bet is the medic will only see you as a revive option once you request it.
            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I'm expecting something a bit more like Brink, where you toss someone a revive syringe and they can choose whether, and when, to use it. If that's the case, there had better be a very clear visual indicator that the revive worked and the game isn't glitching out. Granted, I don't think I've ever had a problem reviving someone in BC2, but in 2142 you'd often have to zap someone several times.

While we're on the subject, switching over to reviving epi needles instead of defibs would make me happier too, because then there'd be an ammunition component to revives. Either that, or give defibs a heat meter that allows only a certain amount of revives in any given time.
              I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Not sure how this would work for the medic who is risking his life to revive you.
                You get a point here WhiskeySix, I hope there is some mechanism that will still credit like 50% of the points to the valorous medic.

The prone ability is really a new feature that will change some of the fundamental tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by jagsy View Post
                  The prone ability is really a new feature that will change some of the fundamental tactics.
                  The funny thing about it ... it's not a new feature ;)
                  former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Originally posted by jagsy View Post
                    I hope there is some mechanism that will still credit like 50% of the points to the valorous medic.
                    And what are these points you speak of? Play to win, not for points!
                    |TG|Melee
                    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by Red^Baron42 View Post
                      Also what about players who don't care about winning and never wait for a revive and just opt to spawn back in.
                      Yeah, I understand that one of the positive motivations for this is so you don't fall victim to being constantly revived and killed repeatedly, but I'm not too keen on someone being able to allow their team to lose a ticket that may have been saved because they want to change classes or something.

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
                        My bet is the medic will only see you as a revive option once you request it.

I like that. I won't have to even think about reviving someone, if not asked to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post
                          You have time to get out of vehicles before they explode - interesting.
                          Man screw that. I'm a squishy fragile target with a rocket launcher. If I dance with the devil I should get the kill for it. It's bad enough that hopping out of a tank takes a microsecond, but now you get a chance to bail after your armor is dead? That's going to encourage a lot of people to drive armor without an engi kit. It further screws over the engineer, who finally got some respect in BC2.

Comment

You can't shockpaddle armor back together.
                            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                              Man screw that. I'm a squishy fragile target with a rocket launcher. If I dance with the devil I should get the kill for it. It's bad enough that hopping out of a tank takes a microsecond, but now you get a chance to bail after your armor is dead? That's going to encourage a lot of people to drive armor without an engi kit. It further screws over the engineer, who finally got some respect in BC2.
                              I hope that is just for jeeps and small transports. They are the ones that really have a problem being a death trap. Tanks, and IFVs should kill the drive if you take the time to take them out.
                              Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X