wheres the beef?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheres the beef?

So....am I correct in understanding that all we have seen of the MP is the short clip? or am I missing something? Have they announced anything of when a longer clip will come out?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: wheres the beef?

If history repeats itself, we're only getting the teaser for now. I'm sure more details (and clips) will follow.

Comment

Nobody likes a tease. DICE needs to put out or GTFO!!!
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
        Nobody likes a tease. DICE needs to put out or GTFO!!!
        If you watched the ustream yesterday there was plenty of game play from the people playing in the EA booth. Seem to run really good for being a beta.
        |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post
          If you watched the ustream yesterday there was plenty of game play from the people playing in the EA booth. Seem to run really good for being a beta.
          well that's true....although the pc's running it could have been $2000 dollar performance monsters as well. If I was showcasing my new game I would want to show the smoothest play achievable
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

The specs to the PCs were stated somewhere. I remember it were alienware pcs, so probably high end ones. Graphics were btw noticeably less than in the trailers they gave out, as per usual.

Comment

Al thats probably because you are watching a live stream of a camera feed of someone playing on a monitor, the 'quality' loss is absolutely huge.

Comment

Official specs haven't been released yet BTW. Also, its still pre alpha and we have a lot more time to go before it comes out. Just sit tight for now.
                lTG-Irrl Argetnar
                If you hear the chatter of my Vossaraptor you're already dead.
                "Squad attack Tollhouse!" Experiment626
                "Cookies?" Argetnar
                "Yes bring your cookies too!" Experiment626
                sigpic

Comment

I'm sure they were only showing pre-alpha, I just don't see how it's this close to release, and still be full pre-alpha. Typically games are finished 100% couple months before release anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                    I'm sure they were only showing pre-alpha, I just don't see how it's this close to release, and still be full pre-alpha. Typically games are finished 100% couple months before release anyway.
                    I agree, When they say "pre-alpha", they are still talking about a version that may be the 20th or more version. They are probably playing MP_Alpha2.8_Test(or whatever their naming convention is), which is a stable version that only has that Metro map packed into it. Used for testing the elements that had together at that point in the development stage, which could have been two weeks ago, or two months ago. I think that much of the User Interface may be placeholders, since it looks exactly like BC2's in-game interface. Even if they have another version that has the new UI artwork in it and working, they dont want to show all the cards yet...

I would think at this point, they would have to to be putting a version together to go through Master Certification, so the console version can be tested by the individual systems teams. I have heard it could take months to get certification, depending on complexity of game.

Yes Greasy, everyone likes a tease, we just dont like to admit it. I would rather get those little over the shoulder glimpses of MP that were shown by 2guys with nothing new to say, than nothing at all.. at least they are better than those "official" 2-second glimpse teases that DICE released that day... had me rewinding and playing the "pause YouTube game".

Before the 2guys went online, I had read that they were not going to release any more MP footage than the teaser, from someone at E3 who had been through the booth presentation. My hopes of more footage was dashed. I'm sure the guys at DICE were, hands to cheeks, "Oh my, did someone leek MP footage?", when they allowed them to get video at the booth, after making sure all visitors were not getting their own captures.

And even though they showed us a little SP infantry, and a longer glimpse into the tank battle, the big selling point for the game is multiplayer, and I suspect that we will be seeing a lot more just before the beta/demo(What ever they want to call it) in September.
                    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                    E Pluribus Unum
                    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                      Al thats probably because you are watching a live stream of a camera feed of someone playing on a monitor, the 'quality' loss is absolutely huge.
                      Actually I heard someone who played at E3 say that the quality was "noticeably lower than the trailer"(almost exact quote). I forgot to add that I guess. Indeed the low quality video I saw would not allow me to draw a conclusion like that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X