Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF BF3 isn't released on Steam, where are you going to get it from?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF BF3 isn't released on Steam, where are you going to get it from?

There's a decent possibility it won't be released on Steam. As an optimist, I'm hoping for the best, but, it isn't a stretch to think that if EA wants to push Origin as a major digital distriutor, they'd make BF3, a highly anticipated game, exclusive to Origin.

Many of us stated we're waiting for Steam, but if it doesn't come out on Steam (or anything comparable like D2D outside of Origin), where do you plan on getting it? I kind of don't want to support Origin for the stuff EA is pulling right now, but at the same time, I'm not a fan of hard copies.

Re: IF BF3 isn't released on Steam, where are you going to get it from?

Hard copy or the EA downloader. EA has had a digital distribution system of their own for quite some time now. Thats actually how I got the Northern Strike package for 2142 when it first came out three or four years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
      Hard copy or the EA downloader. EA has had a digital distribution system of their own for quite some time now. Thats actually how I got the Northern Strike package for 2142 when it first came out three or four years ago.
      That's Origin now bud.

Comment

Meh, its been so long since I've had to download anything from them, I wasnt aware of the name change. Regardless, one thing or another is going to happen once everyone and their mother is playing the game:
        1. Theres going to be a third party digital distributor that you can get it from and pay just as much as everyone else.
        2. You're going to break down and get it from EA/Origin or buy a hard copy.

The point being that people always talk a big game about boycotting/not supporting/what have you when a game company makes a stupid move like EA did with the special-order-bonus-weapons thing. But when it comes down to it, the results look a lot like this:

Am I a bit upset that EA decided to play the corporate-gaming-money-hungry-cash-for-perks-sellout card? Sure. Am I going to let it stop me, or even cause me to hesitate in buying the game from any particular source out of some sense of interwebs nobility? Nope. I'm going to buy it and join the community I love in playing it. Big bad corporation vs little bitty gaming consumer morality standoffs have no place in my gaming sphere.

Comment

Hard copy if not steam. I'm too stupid and lazy to deal with multiple download services.

Comment

Steam is my first choice, though if steam doesn't carry it I'd probably look into what special unlocks retailers are offering and pick the one I like the most.

Comment

I plan on buying a hard copy, the Back To Karkand pack and the what's-it-called with the extra weapons thingy are both included. I probably would have done so anyway, but there's no way I'm touching EA's Download service again.
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I am going to avoid retail at all costs and just buy it off another DD service such as Direct 2 Drive. Assuming EA doesn't pull the pre-order from that website as well.

Comment

Steam.
                  Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Always bought hard copies of everything, is there a benefit to owning digital that I'm not considering? I don't know, something about holding something physical appeals to me when It costs 60 dollars. So, how much do clothes cost in the matrix?

Comment

I pre-ordered BC2 and now BF3 from D2D. No complains what so ever.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hate download....I always get a hard copy. Just hated how patches were released later on steam for certain games....and you had to wait for "their" patch version for the game to patch properly.
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

http://geek.pikimal.com/2011/06/15/e...es-from-steam/

EA has started pulling games from Steam - looks like BF3 won't be on Steam at all

Comment

I'll get it anywhere easiest for me to purchase it from. For me atleast I couldnt care less about getting it from any specific store. If someone around the street was selling for a good price I would buy it.

Comment

Expect I'll get it directly from EA.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X