Battlefield 3 on Jimmy Fallon PS3 Gameplay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3 on Jimmy Fallon PS3 Gameplay

On last night's Jimmy Fallon, the first footage of Battlefield 3 on Playstation 3 was shown off. There was only around two minutes of gameplay, but the differences between the console and PC versions were readily apparent. Two people from EA Games played through a short segment that we have seen before. The controller was then handed over to Jimmy to play around with. Jimmy pulled out a knife when trying to shoot a guy 30 feet away, he kept his cool though and eventually shot the cover that the guy was hiding behind.

Last picture shows up the differences between pre-alpha and alpha development(sat. dishes, greasy arm).

Re: Battlefield 3 on Jimmy Fallon PS3 Gameplay

The difference is its running on PS3 at 1280x720p (or maybe even 640p like Halo 3) with no AA enabled? Yeah thats about it; what did you expect? Is there something I'm missing here? Were you expecting it to run in 1200p?

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

Comment

im pretty concerned with the destruction. at about 3:15 when jimmy shoots the wall huge pieces fall off with just a few bullets. Looks like a few clips can down a whole building. I'm retaining the hope that the destructibility is turned way up.

Comment

Yeah I think everyone pretty much agrees consoles have crappy graphics. What this new preview of BF3 shows is the refinement of the maps with more details which is closer to what release will look like. Especially in the last picture. A DICE developer said you can't completely collapse buildings in some maps. They don't want you to drastically change the map.
        Last edited by FistaLicious; 06-17-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Let's hope they resolve the issue with the floating "dropped" weapon that was in the second-to-last set of images.
          |TG|Melee
          Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by teratoma View Post
            im pretty concerned with the destruction. at about 3:15 when jimmy shoots the wall huge pieces fall off with just a few bullets. Looks like a few clips can down a whole building. I'm retaining the hope that the destructibility is turned way up.
            Yeah that new multiplayer clip from E3 shows the IFV firing a few HEAT rounds into a building and about 1/4 of it falls down. Most urban maps are probably going to end like most multiplayer rounds of World in Conflict, where you start with a pristine city/town that ends with most of the buildings as charred hulks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOjQqsnV4Q

I hope the winning side gets a bonus/deduction for the amount of property destruction/salvation. If you've seen band of brothers in the market garden episode the British tanks won't destroy a building to get a shot on a Tiger because of their orders.

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

Comment

I noticed more object motion blur on the ps3 version. Possibly to hide the blurry textures. Or maybe those are just blurry textures.

Comment

hmm, yah. Im still hoping its turned up to show off.

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
                  I noticed more object motion blur on the ps3 version. Possibly to hide the blurry textures. Or maybe those are just blurry textures.
                  They did the same thing in crysis 2, apparently they think it makes the game look better on consoles since they don't have the horsepower for high AA & AF. The pc crowd ended up disabling it in the config file. Just my guess.

sent by a large bird with a stone tablet....like the Flintstones
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by AdmiralKird View Post
                    The difference is its running on PS3 at 1280x720p (or maybe even 640p like Halo 3) with no AA enabled? Yeah thats about it; what did you expect? Is there something I'm missing here? Were you expecting it to run in 1200p?
                    Yes, you're basically missing all of it. Look at the lighting. Its pretty horrible on the PS3. Textures are MUCH lower resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Feriluce View Post
                      Yes, you're basically missing all of it. Look at the lighting. Its pretty horrible on the PS3. Textures are MUCH lower resolution.
                      Its a console....they just don't have the horsepower to render all the destruction and high res textures.

"Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                        Its a console....they just don't have the horsepower to render all the destruction and high res textures.

Yes, that is obviously the point. AdmiralKird, however, seemed to think that there was no other difference than lower resolution and lack of AA.

Comment

30 fps on the consoles is their goal. Yikes!
                          Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

30 FPS was what BC2 ran at on consoles from what I recall. It played pretty good - much better than a lot of other titles.
                            Skud

Comment

my son played BC2 on 360 and I thought it ran pretty well actually.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X