X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 player Vs COD player

Thought I would lighten it up a bit in here since I am a COD player as well

www.bf3blog.com
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: BF3 player Vs COD player

Nice job on lightening up the competition. To be fair, I think there's a lot of crossover (at least in BC2), lately.

Comment

Actually, even as a CoD player I find myself agreeing with that perspective and comparison. At least as far as the average pubbie is concerned.

I will say, its very amusing to listen to EA and Activision sniping at each other over who's going to have the better game, or more specifically who's going to sell more copies of their game.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I am tired of all the comparisons to be honest. I wish DICE would stop bringing them up and just put out their own game. Worry about their own darn game and STOP talking about MW3 DICE!

I stopped playing CoD just before MW2 launched due to how they handled that game and have not not touched a COD title since... BUT there is no need to bash the games or the players as I am sure both the players and games have good qualities and not all are raging immature self centered spammers.
        Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
          I am tired of all the comparisons to be honest. I wish DICE would stop bringing them up and just put out their own game. Worry about their own darn game and STOP talking about MW3 DICE!

I stopped playing CoD just before MW2 launched due to how they handled that game and have not not touched a COD title since... BUT there is no need to bash the games or the players as I am sure both the players and games have good qualities and not all are raging immature self centered spammers.
          You would be surprised.

Comment

That blog is not run by EA, just making that very clear
            Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
              That blog is not run by EA, just making that very clear
              My bad but DICE sure does bring up MW3 a lot while at the same time trying to make it sound like they could care less about the MW series.

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
                Nope. They won't stop.

Why? Because BF vs COD is controversy. Controversy is popularity, it's eyeballs, and it's sales. And let's not kid ourselves - the job of EA and Activision is to make money. That's why the GuitarHero franchise was driven into the ground with 18 releases in 4 months, that's why COD is getting a new game every 6 months, and that's probably why Q2 of 2012 we'll see a new BF game. Money makes the world go around, and publishers are going to become larger and larger money grubbing whores.

Quick clarification: I don't think TreyArch/InfinityWard or DICE or the average gamer actually cares about 'COD vs BF' - it's the publishers like EA and Activision who stir **** up.

Comment

well this post has certainly backfired.....sigh
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
                    Nope. They won't stop.

Why? Because BF vs COD is controversy. Controversy is popularity, it's eyeballs, and it's sales. And let's not kid ourselves - the job of EA and Activision is to make money. That's why the GuitarHero franchise was driven into the ground with 18 releases in 4 months, that's why COD is getting a new game every 6 months, and that's probably why Q2 of 2012 we'll see a new BF game. Money makes the world go around, and publishers are going to become larger and larger money grubbing whores.

Quick clarification: I don't think TreyArch/InfinityWard or DICE or the average gamer actually cares about 'COD vs BF' - it's the publishers like EA and Activision who stir **** up.
                    You are right, it is the people like EA and Activision stirring stuff up. But why do that when you want to lure fanboys from the other side over? By stirring stuff up you make it less and less likely that they will even play the game. You won't lure anyone away by bashing what they THINK is the best game.

Comment

COD= Vehicles nostalgia (at least for me)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
                        Nope. They won't stop.

Came here to say this. This isn't a competition of what's the better game, it's just a ploy to increase sales. Planted by the distributors, and fueled by gaming sites.

Comment

Oh man - how awesome would it be if THAT depiction of 'typical BF3' gameplay turned out to be the norm!?!?

Comment

COD is one of the biggest franchises of all time, and if not the greatest cash cow ever, its probably very close. The marketing by DICE is brilliant because they are saying that they are better than what has been the best for the past couple of years, and all they have to do is show a couple of gameplay clips of Frostbite 2 to convince everyone that they are speaking the truth :)
                            sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one who looks now at Dice's singleplayer campaigns as multiplayer tutorials? In BC2, you learn how to use all the various weapons in their intended playstyles. You're given one or two chances with each kind of vehicle and each multiplayer perk for those vehicles. The campaign lasted only long enough (in my eyes) to familiarize me with all the basics I'd need in multiplayer. Vehicles work this way, use these guns for these roles, this is how the maps are laid out, this is what an MCOM looks like, this is X, that's how to do Y. I think it was pretty effective in that respect.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X