X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dice's new multiplayer theory

Not sure if this is good or not....

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...verview.aspx##
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Dice's new multiplayer theory

Im even more worried but then again Ive been told Im a glass half empty kind of guy.
    sigpic

Comment

Good interview but I am trying to temper my expectations to what this game will really be. I wish they would share for concrete information so there would be less speculations.
      Last edited by Greasy Mullet; 06-30-2011, 02:41 PM.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I thought he answered all those questions pretty well...
        Skud

Comment

"Does teamplay have to be squad based, or can it be in a more general sense of playing together? Am I less of a gamer if I don’t want to play in squads? If I want Team Deathmatch? If I want infantry only gameplay? That discussion really was an eye-opener and has changed how we view ourselves and what we set out to do with Battlefield 3."

How this is answered and what they come up with in the released game is perhaps the most important part of the interview.
          |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
          "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
          - Check me out on The Onion
          - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
            Good interview but I am trying to temper my expectations to what this game will really be. I wish they would share for concrete information so there would be less speculations.
            They DO seem to be dancing around multiplayer do they not? *evil grin*

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
              "Does teamplay have to be squad based, or can it be in a more general sense of playing together? Am I less of a gamer if I don’t want to play in squads? If I want Team Deathmatch? If I want infantry only gameplay? That discussion really was an eye-opener and has changed how we view ourselves and what we set out to do with Battlefield 3."

How this is answered and what they come up with in the released game is perhaps the most important part of the interview.
              Yeah when I read that I was a little worried, bf is all about the squad....hope it stays close to bf2 style

sent by a large bird with a stone tablet....like the Flintstones
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Looks like there will be many game modes. This would be very good if people that just want to shoot things clicked "Team Deathmatch" instead of "Conquest".

Comment

At DICE we have always been proud about our classic mainstay game modes Conquest and Rush
                  Yes the Rush mode in 1942, BF2, 2142, Vietnam was awesome, glad to see that they decided to include Rush in this proper BF release.

Sorry, I could not resist making a sarcastic comment.

I wonder how TDM will be with regards to map size and team size.
                  "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Originally posted by Lien View Post
                    Yes the Rush mode in 1942, BF2, 2142, Vietnam was awesome, glad to see that they decided to include Rush in this proper BF release.

Sorry, I could not resist making a sarcastic comment.

I wonder how TDM will be with regards to map size and team size.
                    Classic = more than 0 years old.

Comment

I want CTF!!!
                      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I want CTF!!!
                        YES! One of my fondest moments of 1942: CTF on Guadalcanal with ~ :30 seconds left on the timer. I fly low, up the coast, in my Aichi (Japanese dive bommer); meanwhile a teammate has grabbed the flag and is hiding in the enemy airfield. As I approach at an altitude of ~1m, I tell him to run out on to the runway... NOW. He runs out, people shooting at us, holds E as I buzz by and he hops into the back seat.... swerving like mad with a corsair on our tail, we make it back down the north side of the island hugging the beach... drop him off at base to win the match JUST as time expires.... team goes crazy in my headphones.

ultimate f-yeah moment.

Comment

There are illegal ways of getting any game. I will not buy it until I have seen the first online gameplay videos.

Comment

So much talk and reviewing so little information. Personally I think that the game is gonna rock, I'm going to pre-order and that's it. Speculations about this and that...yeah...not my thing at all.
                            ˝Memento audere semper˝

Comment

I want CTF!!!
                              Ok, now that is an idea I can live with, and could only hope that DICE would bring CTF to BF3. I am worried what TDM is going to be like.

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                              YES! One of my fondest moments of 1942: CTF on Guadalcanal with ~ :30 seconds left on the timer. I fly low, up the coast, in my Aichi (Japanese dive bommer); meanwhile a teammate has grabbed the flag and is hiding in the enemy airfield. As I approach at an altitude of ~1m, I tell him to run out on to the runway... NOW. He runs out, people shooting at us, holds E as I buzz by and he hops into the back seat.... swerving like mad with a corsair on our tail, we make it back down the north side of the island hugging the beach... drop him off at base to win the match JUST as time expires.... team goes crazy in my headphones.

ultimate f-yeah moment.
                              Nice! CTF is the ultimate game mode, even the campers in the back have their usefulness. I would love to see CTF in BF3.

I played many years of Desert Combat CTF TWL, while most had moved on to Vietnam. I had many of those match winning moments as I sacrificed myself in the name of victory, as I was usually the guy who would land/exit from my plane for the flag carrier, giving him my plane for a rolling take-off. It was a beautiful thing if the plane didnt take an RPG along the way. We figured it was better to leave one on the ground to redirect enemy fire from the plane and flag for a couple seconds.

I personally preferred the buggy runs on Khafji Docks . . . Mines!

Anyone remember the modded server with the buggies with nitrous burst, that could be jumped, then flown across El AL, even though there was a dozen aircraft on the airfield? Good times
                              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                              E Pluribus Unum
                              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed