Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 vs CoD - Gamespot Discussion

Gamespot E3 2011 Aftermath: Battlefield 3 vs. Modern Warfare 3

It's kinda crappy but also kinda interesting to hear what more common attitudes (i.e. probably not hardcore teamplayers, but still people who like their games) to these two games/franchises are.
    Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Re: BF3 vs CoD - Gamespot Discussion

In this store BF3 beats COD 10:1 in preorders
    http://www.gram.pl/news_8A3lH,e2_Bat...rach_10_1.html

I wonder if this is the case everywhere else.
    sigpic

Comment

At gamestop MW is plastered all over the place with large posters and banners. Best Buy had a preorder ad for the top hot upcoming game and MW was listed multiple times while BF was not listed at all.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Dunno if someone else has shared this but it is a nice overview of the COD version of Battlelog.

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/...d=1&tag=bounce

The heatmap is awesome. I really really want it. Helps fix the sniper problem.

Also, 13:47...fewer shots to kill than BF3. Hmm. COD +1, BF3 +0.

You will see lots of channel collateral for COD simply because Best Buy doesn't really sell PC games but they do sell console games. Activision has said their focus is on consoles. Also, honestly, because COD is such large seller that they bundle it with XBoxes and PlayStations.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

http://bf3blog.com/2011/07/battlefie...tch-black-ops/
          Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

BF3: Won 47 E3 awards and nominated for 80, won two games critics awards, what did COD win? What was it nominated for? Gee..I don't think all that much, maybe because it's a copy of a copy and just as boring as every other COD before it?

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Comment

Originally posted by Ski-Racer View Post
              Dunno if someone else has shared this but it is a nice overview of the COD version of Battlelog.

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/...d=1&tag=bounce

The heatmap is awesome. I really really want it. Helps fix the sniper problem.

Also, 13:47...fewer shots to kill than BF3. Hmm. COD +1, BF3 +0.
              I have played COD a lot and have yet to see what the COD service brings to the table? It tells us everything we already knew? Shows you your areas where you were killed????....there called choke points.

The map overlays?....really we have been doing that for years with BF maps. Especially when planning for upcoming competitions.
              I am 95% sure this will be the first COD I won't buy into.....I see the same thing as MW2 just rebranded here with a shiny "new" service to tell you what you already knew if you had any kind of sense for gameplay.
              This would be useful for someone like my teenage son who plays on the 360. He runs around aimlessly spraying targets and dying...now he can see where he dies....guess that's cool for him?
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                I have played COD a lot and have yet to see what the COD service brings to the table? It tells us everything we already knew? Shows you your areas where you were killed????....there called choke points.

The map overlays?....really we have been doing that for years with BF maps. Especially when planning for upcoming competitions.
                I am 95% sure this will be the first COD I won't buy into.....I see the same thing as MW2 just rebranded here with a shiny "new" service to tell you what you already knew if you had any kind of sense for gameplay.
                This would be useful for someone like my teenage son who plays on the 360. He runs around aimlessly spraying targets and dying...now he can see where he dies....guess that's cool for him?
                And some further reading regarding map overlays; we've been doing them with Black Ops, and can do them with a pretty much ANY CoD title and then some more. Just check the Tactical Gamer / Call of Duty / Tactics Discussion board and read any of the threads on page one with the words "Map Landmarks" that Mindkill made with a program called Gtactix. If anyone didn't know the map they could just look at these things, figure out the call outs, and see where the choke points are. But I guess now that it's "Official" because its run by Activi$ion its "new, shiny, and innovative!"

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/call-du...cs-discussion/
                http://www.gtactix.com/

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Well, I have never played COD multiplayer (and barely finished MW2 single player because it made me so angry). I think the heatmap is still useful because you can plan your strategy around the danger areas. Not sure what the objective of COD multiplayer is...advance and secure or simply deathmatch?

As far as the overlays I, too, recall the BF2 version. I also recall finding it not very useful. What would make it supremely useful would be to see what you have drawn on your mini-map in-game.

Imagine a 90 second countdown to round start. Each side in Battlelog loads a pre-rendered strategy onto their mini-map and 3D HUD map. Meanwhile they are issuing last minute orders. By the time the round starts everyone is up-to-speed with their side's strategy and on their way. That would make Battlelog very cool.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

Most likely the BF3 team has developed pessimisim over their years of internet experience and has become dissuaded by the inevitability of cave man quality phalice and assorted genatalia. A shame.
                    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                      Most likely the BF3 team has developed pessimisim over their years of internet experience and has become dissuaded by the inevitability of cave man quality phalice and assorted genatalia. A shame.
                      can i use that for a poem :- o
                      Excuse me can i have your attention for just a second?

Thank you *trollface*

The Master Teamkiller

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...