Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Podcast w/ Daniel ôZh1nt0″ Matros the Community Manager BF

http://www.justin.tv/dontrevivemebro#/w/1430284160

Started 30 mins ago. Sorry I didn't get this out sooner.

|

Re: Live Podcast w/ Daniel ôZh1nt0″ Matros the Community Manager BF

:icon_lol: they're talking about NDA's and the game-industry (i.e. why he's not allowed to reveal any new info)

Comment

Thanks for posting this!

The little I have heard so far is Zh1nt0 saying that he can't answer anything because it is either secret or that they are still working on it and he does not want to comment on unfinished features.

He also "feels" for the people that want to get more info on the game.

The host says we can ask the questions but we can't get an answer.

It seems that Zh1nt0 really wants to talk about the game but that he is not allowed (does not want to disclose important things to competitors etc.)

Z: "What kind of a co-worker would I be if I a said too much about the game"

Must be painful to not be able to talk about the game stuff, the chat is going crazy with questions that he can't answer :)
      "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

He said they need a new community manager.....hmmm.
        Anybody want to move to Stockholm ?

Truth is I'm at work and I can only catch bits and pieces right now.
        Hope to listen in to the whole thing later time permitting.

|

Comment

And yet again another mention of no mod tools for now.....

|

Comment

As was pointed out by Greasy Mullet (Who knows a few things about modding! ;) ) BF 1942 had no modding tools. Someone in the community MADE them and then got hired by DICE and they were incorporated into BF2. I believe that's the story. Apologies if I got that wrong. So we just need an active community. I find their attitude disrespectful and condescending. Their reasons are probably more legal anyway. Apparently they do not own all the tech that incorporates the engine, so thats why they can't release official tools. But their reason of complexity is insulting. If people can mod ArmA, Crysis, BF2, then I am sure someone out there will take a crack at this. I sure hope so.........

Comment

The DRMB site is so booged down I can't get on to provide a link to the archived podcast.
              If one of you can, that'd be great.
              Thanks.

|

Comment

Originally posted by Warlab View Post
                And yet again another mention of no mod tools for now.....
                www.bf3blog.com

They have confirmed no mod tools....for various reasons. The two biggies are they don't hold licenses on all the tech and the engine is too complex. Either way I think it's a fairly safe assumption that mod tools will be a no-no.
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Warlab View Post
                  The DRMB site is so booged down I can't get on to provide a link to the archived podcast.
                  If one of you can, that'd be great.
                  Thanks.
                  This ok?

http://www.justin.tv/dontrevivemebro/videos

Comment

The no mod tools is not a shocker, many have said this from the start, still a great shame but no surprise. Lots of interesting tidbits, scope sway for sniper rifles and lens glint of sniper scopes, too balance the prone and bipod, intriguing. A lot of thought seems to be going into balancing everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                      As was pointed out by Greasy Mullet (Who knows a few things about modding! ;) ) BF 1942 had no modding tools. Someone in the community MADE them and then got hired by DICE and they were incorporated into BF2. I believe that's the story. Apologies if I got that wrong. So we just need an active community. I find their attitude disrespectful and condescending. Their reasons are probably more legal anyway. Apparently they do not own all the tech that incorporates the engine, so thats why they can't release official tools. But their reason of complexity is insulting. If people can mod ArmA, Crysis, BF2, then I am sure someone out there will take a crack at this. I sure hope so.........
                      Yeah just look at the Desert Combat mod for 1942, that mod blew me away :)

I'm guessing that it is legal stuff too, I remember reading an article on Kotaku or wherever, it was that explained that many of the assets are outsourced to companies that aren't shown in the credits. This was not specific for the BF series but in general. Major studios can hire a another studio just to create furniture, something like "we need furniture, 6 different types of chairs, sofas and beds, that sort of stuff.

Releasing tools to implement those things would be against the contract or something like that.
                      "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X