X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Operation Metro trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhBjB...layer_embedded

:D

Oh and of course, commence making opinions on the whole game from 60 seconds of gameplay footage, etc etc ;)

Re: New Operation Metro trailer

Damnit Ven beat me

Comment

LOL...I win
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
        Oh and of course, commence making opinions on the whole game from 60 seconds of gameplay footage, etc etc ;)
        Why release anything at all if we´re not supposed to draw any conclusions from it?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
          Why release anything at all if we´re not supposed to draw any conclusions from it?
          Hype and talk.

You can say the same thing about the weekly BF blog posts. I don't think anything new has come out of any of those. All our info is from E3 and gaming websites who visit the DICE studios, and now from the leaked alpha footage.

Comment

Why should we not judge based on what we have seen so far? They are asking for our pre-orders and this is what they have presented to base our purchase decision on so far... which still is really very little information.

So far what we have seen leads a lot of people to think Bad Co 3. Why? Well the box art for starters. Then every shred of information and footage we have been shown has been either single player or rush mode multiplayer. No large maps, no conquest, and very little on vehicles. The single player tank video does not count since as we know SP does not equal MP. Sure we are told there will be large maps and jets but how many? One map with jets or most maps with jets like BF2 and 1942? How many will be large conquest maps or will we see a mix with less conquest maps? Right now all we see is Metro and the Rush mode for it and they refuse to provide any more information. Now I enjoyed Bad Co 2 and played it a lot but really it is a hold over for a true BF3 game.

So yes we should judge based on what we see. COuld it be different and is there more content? Obviously but whatever little marketing game they are playing stinks and if they want pre-orders and for people to buy the game then they better darn well start showing us WHY this game deserves to be called Battlefield 3!!!

Speaking of Marketing, those in charge of it suck for BF3. I travel a lot for work these days and have been recently to Philly, DC, Atlanta, and Miami and everytime I have gone to/by a gamestop or EB all I see all over the place is large promotional materials for MW3. I see zip zero on BF3. Best Buy? Tons of boxes for MW3 and even ads in their paper... nada for BF3. The average gamer does not know much about BF3. TONS of people I work with consider themselves gamers (consoles) but you know what game they are talking about.? It is not BF3 because most DO NOT even know about it!

I hope they really push it these last 3 months and I pray the game is as good as we hope but right now the evidence is sketchy at best.
            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Good points about not knowing anything yet WRT steak.

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
              Speaking of Marketing, those in charge of it suck for BF3.
              They have a $50M marketing budget, so.... better brace yourself for one hell of a Shock and Awe ad blitz once they pull the trigger on that.

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
                Why should we not judge based on what we have seen so far? They are asking for our pre-orders and this is what they have presented to base our purchase decision on so far... which still is really very little information.(...)
                I agree. I do not understand why some feel the need to jump in and "defend" BF3, even when nothing negative is being said, just observations regarding the information at hand.
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X