Jets/Heli's......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets/Heli's......

Not sure why I care as aircraft always seemed to be the bane of my existence in BF2 but they are not a Battlefield game without them.

Anyone care to speculate?

1)Will they be included in the beta or will we have to wait till release of the game to fly?
    2)Types of aircraft?
    3)Passenger size? One/Two pilots for the aircraft? Troop size for the Heli's?
    4)What counter measures will we see? Shoulder fired/ground AA?
    5)Will air to air combat be more significant than previous in the series?
    6)Will we see an aircraft surprise? I.E. vehicle transport on a heli to drop behind enemy lines?
    7)Saving best for last? Are they withholding the aircraft info last for their last wow factor?
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Jets/Heli's......

http://www.battlefield3online.com/ba...o-we-know.html

This mentions the vehicle classes and there is an perk called "stealth" for aircraft. I am just speculating that this some temporary radar jamming feature that has to recharge.
    "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
    "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Comment

They really need to hurry up and show some vehicles already. I am sure I am not the only one that needs to see some large scale rock paper scissors vehicle/infantry play to be convinced this game is truly Battlefield 3 and I can fully get excited. All signs point to it being there but gah.. show something already!

4. Based on the alpha there will be Mobile AA vehicles which is awesome.
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I just hope they have a helicopter with a gunner seat so I can gun for AB.
        Battle is an orgy of disorder.-George S. Patton

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
          I can only dream...

I really miss Highway to Hell and my beloved Gepard.

Comment

Sign me up for chopper pilot.....man I hope my beloved TV missle is in this game
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

They really need to hurry up and show some vehicles already. I am sure I am not the only one that needs to see some large scale rock paper scissors vehicle/infantry play to be convinced this game is truly Battlefield 3 and I can fully get excited. All signs point to it being there but gah.. show something already!
              Exactly, what's the hold up. For me, "Battlefield" vehicle combat is what sets this franchise apart from others. I've seen the single player tank footage. I want multiplayer vehicle combat footage.
              "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
              "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Comment

I'll say #7 is the reason they have not shown aircraft in MP(or their not any where near finished :) ) They are keeping their marketing cards close to the chest on this one. They need to have something to talk about for the next three months. Vehicle combat is one thing COD doesn't have in MP and that may be their ace in the hole from a gameplay standpoint. I say by that gaming convention in Germany sometime in August we will have at least a taste.
                |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                - Check me out on The Onion
                - I'm on the local news!

Comment

I highly doubt the beta will be anything different from the Alpha in terms of content. Keep in mind that Beta includes PS3/X360, unlike the Alpha, and despite the word 'beta', you cannot release non-final quality software on consoles. They already have a working and fairly polished alpha/beta build with Operation Metro, so I doubt they would spend more time and effort on getting something different in there.

Making a beta is not as simple as picking a map and just removing all the other content, it's a separate branch of the development and needs its own dev/QA team, etc.

They have barely shown any of this game... and given the ridiculous marketing budget, be prepared for some serious shock and awe (as someone else put it in another thread) in the coming months :P.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
                    Anyone care to speculate?

I love to speculate.

1)Will they be included in the beta or will we have to wait till release of the game to fly?
                    It is likely (opinions) the helicopters will be wheeled out in the Open Beta, perhaps the MoH Beta, but jets will be limited to two planes in beta and we will have to sit tight with screenshots and videos for the rest of them.

2)Types of aircraft?

Single Seat Fighter, Single Seat Attacker, Dual Seat Fighter-Bomber, similar to BF2's loadouts. I'm not positive the Single Seat attackers (A-10, Su-25) will be in the game at launch. DLC or expansion packs. Transport helicopters and Assault helicopters, with the uncertan possibility of scout helicopters like the OH-58D as DLC or as a later expansion.

3)Passenger size? One/Two pilots for the aircraft? Troop size for the Heli's?

One and Two pilot aircraft, Two person attack helis, Probably five or six people in the transport helicopters.

4)What counter measures will we see? Shoulder fired/ground AA?

Countermeasures will likely appear as they did in BF2, a flare launcher. Shoulder Fired AA is unlikely, but not out of the question, especially as DLC. Ground based AA is likely to be a mix between BF2 style missile launchers and BC2 style gun emplacements. Critical areas and main bases should have BC2 style emplacements, they're much harder to avoid, much easier to use, and can be used as anti infantry defense if the need arises. Mobile AA like the Linebacker and Tunguska is almost certain

5)Will air to air combat be more significant than previous in the series?

Unlikely. Air to Air combat distracts aircraft from CAS. It may be superleet to be an ace, but planewhoring is why people hate pilots in PR, carried over from BF2. I suspect that it will be around the level of importance of BF2. You can go after them, or you can just ignore them. Fighters will likely be encouraged to assault fighter-bombers on levels where both are present. Knowing DICE, I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of No Fly Zone map, ala desert combat, eventually makes an appearance, allowing everybody to be a pilot.

6)Will we see an aircraft surprise? I.E. vehicle transport on a heli to drop behind enemy lines?

If you're questioning about player run vehicle drops, the answer is unlikely. If you're asking about deep insertions, I have to assume that not only are they allowed, they will be encouraged. All kinds of suprises are possible, especially before bugfixes can drop.

7)Saving best for last? Are they withholding the aircraft info last for their last wow factor?

That is, in essence, asking if EA are waiting for MW3 to either tip their hand or just for more time to pass before rolling out the proverbial "big guns", the one thing that Battlefield is and has always been the undisputed king at. Vehicle combat.
                    Speculations, opinions..

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
                      I highly doubt the beta will be anything different from the Alpha in terms of content. Keep in mind that Beta includes PS3/X360, unlike the Alpha, and despite the word 'beta', you cannot release non-final quality software on consoles. They already have a working and fairly polished alpha/beta build with Operation Metro, so I doubt they would spend more time and effort on getting something different in there.

Making a beta is not as simple as picking a map and just removing all the other content, it's a separate branch of the development and needs its own dev/QA team, etc.

They have barely shown any of this game... and given the ridiculous marketing budget, be prepared for some serious shock and awe (as someone else put it in another thread) in the coming months :P.
                      Well they better start with some serious shock and awe because the average gamer knows nothing about BF3. No brick and mortar shops even have displays for it and are instead plastered with MW3.

I see it as a huge problem that we are less than 3 months away and we have seen very little of this game. I am sure it will be great but they need to show us why this title deserves to be called BF3.
                      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

BF3 is on plenty of people's radars, without the marketing campaign having really started.

Pre-orders for BF3 are 10x those of BC2:

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/bat...rders-are/3669

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
                          BF3 is on plenty of people's radars, without the marketing campaign having really started.

Pre-orders for BF3 are 10x those of BC2:

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/bat...rders-are/3669
                          A lot of people I know in real life know nothing about BF3 expect what I have told them and they are into console gaming. If DICE wants to settle for mediocre that is fine but if they actually advertised then it might be 50x more pre-orders. Still that stat is rather vague. 10x what? Bad Co 2 pre-orders were how many? I think that stat is a whole lot of spin.

The bottom line is right now outside of the more hard core gamers that follow E3 and look online for the little videos, Battlefield is not being advertised at all. Its not in any of the major retailers, no ads, no displays... nothing. MW3 comes out AFTER BF3 and has a massive presence already. DICE and EA need to get with it and start promoting this game. I pray we do see some shock and awe.
                          Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
                            A lot of people I know in real life know nothing about BF3 expect what I have told them and they are into console gaming. If DICE wants to settle for mediocre that is fine but if they actually advertised then it might be 50x more pre-orders. Still that stat is rather vague. 10x what? Bad Co 2 pre-orders were how many? I think that stat is a whole lot of spin.

The bottom line is right now outside of the more hard core gamers that follow E3 and look online for the little videos, Battlefield is not being advertised at all. Its not in any of the major retailers, no ads, no displays... nothing. MW3 comes out AFTER BF3 and has a massive presence already. DICE and EA need to get with it and start promoting this game. I pray we do see some shock and awe.

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
                              Well they better start with some serious shock and awe because the average gamer knows nothing about BF3. No brick and mortar shops even have displays for it and are instead plastered with MW3.

I see it as a huge problem that we are less than 3 months away and we have seen very little of this game. I am sure it will be great but they need to show us why this title deserves to be called BF3.
                              A huge problem??,Really. Why is it a problem...you know the vehicles are there. There not releasing it without them so I don't understand what the problem is? I'm pretty sure the servers wont be empty. Bc2 had very little advertising and the servers were crashed the first 2-3 days of release due to an overwhelming flood of people....that's after an invite only and public beta that they used to configure servers for expected load. Make no mistake ..
                              ..this game is NOT low profile.

sent by a large bird with a stone tablet....like the Flintstones
                              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X