Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3 US pre-order bonuses revealed

source

Over the past month or so, European gamers could pre-order Battlefield 3 and get a series of bonuses, depending on where they pre-ordered. Now, the pre-orders have finally arrived stateside, and it’s the same offerings we’ve seen before, only with different retailers. Here’s what we know so far:

Gamestop Battlefield 3 pre-order
    GameStop’s pre-order includes the Physical Warfare pack, in addition to the Back To Karkand DLC. If you are part of their PowerUp Rewards, you’ll get a free Prima Battlefield 3 strategy guide as well.

Amazon Battlefield 3 pre-order
    If you pre-order on Amazon, you’ll receive an exclusive set of dog tags for multiplayer. On top of that, the pre-order includes the Back To Karkand expansion pack.

Best Buy Battlefield 3 pre-order
    Best Buy offers the same Limited Edition version with Back To Karkand, plus a set of new multiplayer skins — the SPECACT Kit. You’ll receive a code to unlock 8 new multiplayer skins when the game is released.

Re: Battlefield 3 US pre-order bonuses revealed

Here is the image amazon provides and a little blurb about its bonus

Amazon Exclusive Dog Tag Pack Plus Limited Edition Bonuses
    Pre-order Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition and receive the Amazon exclusive Dog Tag Pack for multiplayer use as well as the Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. The expansion includes four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, as well as Battlefield 2 weapons, vehicles, and unique rewards. The code to access the exclusive content will be emailed to you the day your order ships. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
      Strategy guide....really?....was hoping for Tags
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I think we are in for a whole in game market that will sell us skins, dog tags, and other ways to customize our guys for a premium. Just for the record I am totally for that so the devs can get more money out of the game and justify spending more to support it. TF2 is a great example. Even though I wont buy that stuff, lots will and since it has no impact on the game I am all for it!
        Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Well I don't want to see as much customization as TF2 has but dog tags work. Are they going to have the pre-order for steam?

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
            Well I don't want to see as much customization as TF2 has but dog tags work. Are they going to have the pre-order for steam?

No Steam for BF3 as far as I know. Pretty sure anywhere you buy retail or the other digital stores, you'll just tie the game key to Origin, and run it from there using Battlelog. I'd go with the cheapest price, D2D has a good price on it.

Comment

I'm thinking Best Buy might have the best preorder for me :)

Comment

I think I'll be going for the Gamestop pre-order. That was my initial plan.

Comment

From a pure value standpoint the BB preorder is better, since you will be able to eventually unlock everything in the Physical Warfare pack, but I doubt the SPECACT pack will ever been given for free, given that it's also paid DLC for BC2.

Comment

Amazon UK:

Specact Kit pre-order bonus
                    Pre-order Battlefield 3 with us at Amazon.co.uk before 23:59 on Thursday, October 27 and you'll receive a code to download the Specact Kit DLC. For terms and more details visit our pre-order centre.
                    And because it is a pre-order you get Karkand too apparently.

HOWEVER I just noticed, the game is released 25th October in the US, but 28th October in the UK! Fail!:(

Comment

Don't you love arbitrary 'release day' days of the week... Tuesdays for North America, Fridays for Europe.

It's like that for pretty much every game for no particular reason :P

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
                        I think we are in for a whole in game market that will sell us skins, dog tags, and other ways to customize our guys for a premium. Just for the record I am totally for that so the devs can get more money out of the game and justify spending more to support it. TF2 is a great example. Even though I wont buy that stuff, lots will and since it has no impact on the game I am all for it!
                        I couldn't agree more. DLC is here to stay and it really makes a lot of sense provided the developers follow some basic rules (don't sell anything that unbalances the game that people couldn't acquire through gameplay itself is the big one). Valve have shown that with proper application of DLC you can even have games on the market that are free to play.

I have to admit to buying the SPECACT kits for BC2 though... damn my compulsion to get all of the badges.

As far as pre-ordering goes... I still want to see some Conquest game play footage or at least some details. That's what I'm here for, not rush, and until I see it I won't be placing my order for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                          Amazon UK:
                          And because it is a pre-order you get Karkand too apparently.

HOWEVER I just noticed, the game is released 25th October in the US, but 28th October in the UK! Fail!:(
                          Dont you Euros always get shafted on release day? Our release day is usually on Tuesday, but cant get it in stores til the next day (not always but most of the time), and you all have to wait til Friday.

I am relying on Amazon's promise that is will be delivered on release day. I want the hard copy version to go with the rest of the BF games, otherwise it would have been D2D (or steam).
                          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                          E Pluribus Unum
                          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                            Dont you Euros always get shafted on release day? Our release day is usually on Tuesday, but cant get it in stores til the next day (not always but most of the time), and you all have to wait til Friday.

I am relying on Amazon's promise that is will be delivered on release day. I want the hard copy version to go with the rest of the BF games, otherwise it would have been D2D (or steam).
                            Is Amazon doing release-day shipping then? If so, I'll do that (I have rehearsal release day anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
                              From a pure value standpoint the BB preorder is better, since you will be able to eventually unlock everything in the Physical Warfare pack, but I doubt the SPECACT pack will ever been given for free, given that it's also paid DLC for BC2.
                              I dunno, Best Buy Preorders have been pretty hit or miss for battlefield so far. I'm also pretty content with a TF2 style customization shop, as long as they don't do it like valve did. TF2 has almost as many traders as it does players, and it's not uncommon to find more than half the players on a server engaged in trading. In addition, there's been (opinion!) a total failure to maintain class appearance.

In short, as long as you can't ruin other people's games with the cash shop, should be a good way to go.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X