BF3 Alpha GPU and CPU performance charts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Alpha GPU and CPU performance charts

From our Russian friends:http://gamegpu.ru/Action-/-FPS-/-TPS...-test-GPU.html

Alpha DX11 Performance

Alpha DX 10 Performance

Alpha CPU Performance

Looks like Quad CPU is the only way to go.

Re: BF3 Alpha GPU and CPU performance charts

was the alpha actually DX11? If so it wasn't too far off what is shown here. I averaged between 55-70 FPS on high settings
    AMD PhenomII 945
    ATI 6950 (flashed to 6970)
    8 gigs DDR3 pc1600
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I'm going to point out the obvious here: These benchmarks don't really mean anything. The game is in Alpha. It likely has minimal, if any, performance tuning. Also, the graphics themselves were scaled right back for the alpha testing (and still looked damn good).

The take away is simple: If you have a graphics card that is slightly newer than the planet itself you will be able to run the game. Basically, any hardware that works for BC2 will work for BF3 you just maybe won't have the best graphics ever mode enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
        I'm going to point out the obvious here: These benchmarks don't really mean anything. The game is in Alpha. It likely has minimal, if any, performance tuning. Also, the graphics themselves were scaled right back for the alpha testing (and still looked damn good).

The take away is simple: If you have a graphics card that is slightly newer than the planet itself you will be able to run the game. Basically, any hardware that works for BC2 will work for BF3 you just maybe won't have the best graphics ever mode enabled.
        I would also like to add, that BF3 during the alpha did not have any official driver support for any graphics card. It was mind-boggling to see people compare BC2 vs. BF3 Alpha on their graphics cards on the forums there...
        A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

I thought the Alpha was limited. There wasn't anything close to what impressed me from their E3 footage. Don't get me wrong the game looked great. It was better than BC2. But not impressive by today's standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
            I thought the Alpha was limited. There wasn't anything close to what impressed me from their E3 footage. Don't get me wrong the game looked great. It was better than BC2. But not impressive by today's standards.
            Alpha was limited... surprising...

I didn't know we could compare a game not even in Beta to "today's standards"... are you trying to say that this game in Alpha is not impressive to other games in their Alpha stage?
            A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Going off of those alpha benches, I'm not surprised how far down the pole I am with my Q9550 and a HD5830 (particularly the 5830). Ah well, at least there's over 30 fps. Hopefully optimization, driver support, and maybe tweaking settings will help me some when the game is in beta and final. :)

I didn't know we could compare a game not even in Beta to "today's standards"... are you trying to say that this game in Alpha is not impressive to other games in their Alpha stage?
              I think perhaps he was referring to the general "wow" factor graphically, which isn't surprising if most of the extra effects haven't been turned on (they should be in some stage of near completion) and there's a general lack of driver support.

As for "alpha" and "beta". The game should be largely complete by alpha stage build. All major features of the game should be functional and working by alpha. Beta build is usually just polishing and slight improvements.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Fall3n View Post
                Alpha was limited... surprising...

That's my point, why are we even bothering with these graphs? Are they even really representative? Don't get me wrong, lighting effects and such were impressive but we knew that the destruction wasn't fully implemented and I hope the textures in the final game are a little higher res.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                  That's my point, why are we even bothering with these graphs? Are they even really representative? Don't get me wrong, lighting effects and such were impressive but we knew that the destruction wasn't fully implemented and I hope the textures in the final game are a little higher res.
                  Well... people tend to be over-anxious on how well their graphics card will perform. The graphs based on the Alpha to me tell me absolutely nothing as there are so many other possibilities to be considered. Only the final release will tell, and even still drivers will have to mature giving an even larger performance boost.
                  A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

These stats are garbage and a complete waste of time. Wait until the Beta before looking at any stats and even then take them with a grain of salt until the final product and the GFX cards are optimized.
                    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

All we can all say at this point is whether our set ups worked OK for the alpha. In the long run this will have little to no relevance.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X