From Alpha to BC2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Alpha to BC2

Played BC2 last night for the first time since the alpha....wow big difference. The game feels totally different to me. Even though we played rush in the alpha it is absolutely nothing like rush in BC2....much more restricted and straight forward in BC2. I for one am willing to admit I am having some BF3 withdrawals :D. I can't explain it but for everyone who is worried about it being another BC2....it's not. at least not for me.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: From Alpha to BC2

I think the problem is people have been confusing "not a BF2 clone" with "a BC2 clone". The pacing is different, the weapon physics are different, the ideology behind every game design decision in the game is more akin to the BF2/BF2142 than BC2. We have more realistic and effective cover, the environment is more spacious than BC2... I could go on but I'm bored now.

Comment

Indeed, for those worried it is BC3, your fears are misguided. BF3, even with its faults, is going to be a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Unload View Post
        Indeed, for those worried it is BC3, your fears are misguided. BF3, even with its faults, is going to be a great game.
        w00t w00t!

Comment

Withdrawals here as well. I played a bit of BC2 Vietnam the other day and it was really hard adjusting back to not having prone, and having a toggle for ironsights rather than hold-on.
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

^^^Yes indeed, BF3 will be epic. The Alpha was great. Prone alone, changes everything.

Comment

Yep, I got the same impression just talking with you guys while you guys were gaming together. Hence why I finally placed a pre-order.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

There were some wonderful new features in the alpha and any negative thoughts on the playtest seem to be the exception rather than the standard. Something wonderful is coming our way.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                  I can't explain it but for everyone who is worried about it being another BC2....it's not. at least not for me.
                  Thank god, thank allah, thank jesus, thank buddha, thank ghandi, thank the goddess of luck, thank all other gods. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Bear61 View Post
                    ^^^Yes indeed, BF3 will be epic. The Alpha was great. Prone alone, changes everything.
                    I really hope the prone doesn't enable the campers. It's bad enough when they camp crouched, at least then they can't hide behind cover as easily. Too bad Battlefield loyalists weren't rewarded and they chose to throw darts at the wall to determine those who received Alpha access.

Comment

Camping has never been much of a factor in Battlefield games...

Comment

As long as they can't dolphin dive I will be fine with prone.

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Dolphin dive Shotty or SMAW... Please let's not have this, but with more and more reviews coming out from alpha, I may be placing a pre-order this paycheck. Maybe.

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

Originally posted by Belander View Post
                            Dolphin dive Shotty or SMAW... Please let's not have this, but with more and more reviews coming out from alpha, I may be placing a pre-order this paycheck. Maybe.
                            Dolphin Dive = negative ghost rider
                            SMAW = it will be in the game....it wasn't very effective against infantry in the alpha....not an issue at this point

On a funny note, I forget who I was playing with....Jeepo maybe? anyways we saw someone trying to bunny hop in the Alpha......friggin hilarious to watch with this new movement engine they use. I will put it this way....you can shoot while you "try" to bunny hop, you will not kill anything, or hit anything for that matter. All you will do is die and look like an idiot. I don't know how they did it....but they seem to have eliminated the "bunny hop" problem.

by saying all this I think I'm still within the NDA...if not mods please delete.
                            Last edited by Ven; 08-03-2011, 09:26 AM.
                            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                              Dolphin Dive = negative ghost rider
                              SMAW = it will be in the game....it wasn't very effective against infantry in the alpha....not an issue at this point

On a funny note, I forget who I was playing with....Jeepo maybe? anyways we saw someone trying to bunny hop in the Alpha......friggin hilarious to watch with this new movement engine they use. I will put it this way....you can shoot while you "try" to bunny hop, you will not kill anything, or hit anything for that matter. All you will do is die and look like an idiot. I don't know how they did it....but they seem to have eliminated the "bunny hop" problem.
                              I also witnessed someone trying to bunnyhop, short story... it didn't work out to well for them, and it was indeed entertaining to watch.
                              A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X