Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EA Account Manager - Possible Solider Name Changing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Account Manager - Possible Solider Name Changing?

I just noticed that I can change/add a default persona now. I believe this was a feature before Origin, but now I noticed it again. Considering the Alpha went off of your default persona, maybe it's possible you can change it within your EA account manager now and therefore change your soldier name.

Just a thought :)

To add: I noticed that my last persona was my "EA ID" name though... maybe again there's away around it by just selecting a different persona... hmmm... I guess only the future will tell.
    A.E.K.Δ.B.

Re: EA Account Manager - Possible Solider Name Changing?

All the soldiers I created in BC2 turns up in my EA account manager. The one marked "EA Master-ID" was the one used in the alpha without me doing anything. I guess if you change that then it will carry through to BF3.
    sigpic

Comment

So do we think that the player name we use in BC2 will carry over? Just want to make sure I get dibs : )

Comment

From the reddit hivemind I give you *dadadada!* how to change your soldier name:

Comment

Hmmm, doesn't work for me. I add persona, and put in my details and it says invalid.

Comment

I think the "personas" right now are only used on the various EA websites and does not affect your character names used in games. So I think when BF3 comes out, you might be able to choose one of your personas to use or create a new one.

As for creating a new persona right now, I think the reason why Jeepo can't (and I can't) is because those personas are grabbed from a variety of sources (GameSpy IDs - BF2, EA (2142, BC2, etc), EA Game Sites (BF, Sim City, The Sims, etc). You'd probably need to tie the persona to some used account and since right now the system has no clue where to tie your new persona to, it's not working (thus the error). Of course, that's my own reasoning and speculation.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X