Back to Karkand DLC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Karkand DLC

I am curious if we can have a discussion / decision on if the DLC maps will become standard in the TG server rotation? In the past I know we haven't included DLC maps / expansions in the rotation because it forces those who haven't purchased the content out of the server.

Initially I thought EA was releasing them for free after a period of time (similar to the physical warefare pack) but it doesn't look like that is the case (see here)

I know some might think its a bit early to have this discussion but it will affect mine (and presumably others) decision to pre-order BF3 if I know I am going to have to pay extra for the DLC (or conversely if a major bonus of the pre-ordering isn't going to be used on the TG server)

Personally my vote is to include the mappack, generally there are too few maps at release and most people will get them for free anyway, what do others think?

Re: Back to Karkand DLC

the back to karkand is free of charge upon pre order..whilst its 15 dollars after bf3 is released.. basically spending nearly 75 dollars in total when you can spend around 60 and get it for free.. i recommend pre order
    Excuse me can i have your attention for just a second?

Thank you *trollface*

The Master Teamkiller

Comment

I agree that the mappack should be included. My view is that any TGers who played bf2, or bc2 will have bf3 preordered and will receive the mappack for free. And the fact that playing those bf2 maps will be awesome. But I'm guessing that TG will have a few servers, and 1 will definitely be vanilla. See you on server 2.
      TG21 Seriousturtle

Comment

I have yet to see anyone who played 2142 or bf2 in TG that wouldn't want to play BF2 maps that have been all decked out with frostbite 2. Those that are sitting on the fence not pre ordering because they don't know if they will like it will have to cough up another $15....call it the cost of procrastination. :D Either way I would like to see the back to karkand pack in standard rotation. With the bulk of BF3 players game wide pre ordering and having it.....it only makes sense.
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I agree the map pack will probably be in regular rotation on servers, if it is possible.

The version of Karkand and Sharqi they made for Play4Free is huge improvement over the BF2 version, as they changed many of the choke points, it still feels like a test version though. If the BF3 version of Karkand is even close to either, it will continue it reign as the favorite for meat grinder fan.
          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
          E Pluribus Unum
          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
            I agree the map pack will probably be in regular rotation on servers, if it is possible.
            I don't think it will be - it will likely work like BC2 Vietnam. I keep thinking I read confirmation on that somewhere but I don't remember where...
            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
              I don't think it will be - it will likely work like BC2 Vietnam. I keep thinking I read confirmation on that somewhere but I don't remember where...
              Same.. Says somewhere in the BF3 blog/twitter that it will be like vietnam and not in the normal map rotation.
              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Well there you go...guess this thread is a mute point then, I didn't realize it was completely separate from the main game

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                  That's not good. Meaning I've got a load of extra content that I'm going to rarely ever play. :(
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                    That's not good. Meaning I've got a load of extra content that I'm going to rarely ever play. :(
                    But if you pre-ordered, it didn't cost you any extra.
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                      Much like the BC2 single player campaign I haven't played. :)

Comment

I never played BC2 SP either, though I'll probably play through the Co-Op campaign for BF3.

Comment

Well that blows. It will never be played outside of special events or maybe the first week the game is out.

Comment

Kind of pisses me off. These golden maps will have to be ran separately. Ugh.

Comment

NS all over again, but I am sure we will manage.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X