Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamespot hands on with 64 Multiplayer Caspian border

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6...nquest-preview

New spawn mechanic? "When the match first started, we were lucky enough to spawn directly into one of the two jets situated at our team's base" Guess we wont be able to kill people to get into a jet.

Re: Gamespot hands on with 64 Multiplayer Caspian border

Originally posted by devaZtation View Post
    New spawn mechanic? "When the match first started, we were lucky enough to spawn directly into one of the two jets situated at our team's base" Guess we wont be able to kill people to get into a jet.
    I was talking with Alvin about this a day ago when we were thinking about how people would be camping the jet spawn points.
    We were thinking that if it would be similar to the the air superiority map in BF1943, granted you had to use the runway but everybody spawned close to a plane. My speculation was that you spawned inside a jet in mid air, sort of like a running start. That would be a complicated system, but if you happen to spawn into a jet on the ground like your quote stated that is so much simpler and great!
    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Originally posted by Lien View Post
      but if you happen to spawn into a jet on the ground like your quote stated that is so much simpler and great!
      Yeah, maybe a spwan point shows up when the jet is ready, first to spawn in gets it then the spawn point disappears, if it is a 2 seater then only someone from your squad/team can spawn in it with you.

That would be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
        Yeah, maybe a spwan point shows up when the jet is ready, first to spawn in gets it then the spawn point disappears, if it is a 2 seater then only someone from your squad/team can spawn in it with you.

That would be sweet.
        I agree, it can be pretty frustrating when you grab a helicopter in BC2 and a random player takes the gunner seat.
        Well it is probably more frustrating for the random player since i can't pilot helicopters worth a damn, I usually crash within 1 minute :)
        "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

" Given the sheer size of the map, vehicles are practically required if you want to get anywhere."

YAHTZEE!!!!
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

They mention runway take off in the article so I do not imagine you will spawn in mid flight. I think it is a good solution to discourage camping though. There is now no point to sit on the runway unless you are a griefer.
            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Agree! Nice solution, I imagine there is a slightly different spawn location for those not interested in flying.

Comment

At least now you aren't going to have the situation where 3 people spawn mid-match and run towards the jet, only to have the other 2 guys suicide to respawn somewhere else because they didn't get to the jet in time and it's faster to suicide than run to the action.

Comment

Reading that Gamespot article made me think. If they removed the spotting for infantry, I think they should actually still keep it for Recon. Maybe as a perk for that class, or just by default, but Recon spotting should be 3D spotting on everyone's screen, since that's their role in the first place.

Edit: I guess I'll see how it is next week and see what they think about it haha ;)

Comment

No 3d spotting, don't you abuse your position Kilrogg to get that lame mechanic back in lol.

Comment

Actually what I've read from Gamescom is that the 3D spotting is still there, but only for soldiers out in the open. You cannot 3D spot someone who you cannot actually see (through a bush or something)

Comment

3D spotting bad.

Gimme a laser pointer that my teammates can see. "He's behind that rock over there *turn laser on*" Or let me place a marker on the map that they can see.

Like good ol' boat spotted.

Comment

Yeah but if that's the case that still dumb. If someone else spots him you can still do this:

As long as they have the "Off" option for it on the server we can live with it. I would rather they spend developer time implementing some voip...........

Comment

How many snipers do you think will camp on the radio mast? I bet 2

Comment

In 2142 didnt people when spotted have a red diamond super-imposed over their torsos? I feel like that worked well
                              lTG-Irrl Argetnar
                              If you hear the chatter of my Vossaraptor you're already dead.
                              "Squad attack Tollhouse!" Experiment626
                              "Cookies?" Argetnar
                              "Yes bring your cookies too!" Experiment626
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed