X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No in-game server browser

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/19/ba...the-main-menu/

Re: No in-game server browser

I'm looking forward to BF3...really, I am. I think it's going to be a great game.

But the more I hear the more it sounds like the actual product being released in October is Origin and Battlelog.

Comment

Pardon my Swedish, but what the ****.
      lTG-Irrl Argetnar
      If you hear the chatter of my Vossaraptor you're already dead.
      "Squad attack Tollhouse!" Experiment626
      "Cookies?" Argetnar
      "Yes bring your cookies too!" Experiment626
      sigpic

Comment

What's the big deal? Think of it this way: Battlelog IS the game's "main menu"... it just runs windowed rather than full-screen just like your current game's main menu!

There IS a server browser, you CAN change video settings, etc, etc, etc. But you need to leave the 3D-rendered world to access them.... JUST LIKE YOU DO TODAY.

:D

Comment

Indeed whiskey, but why should we have to unload bf3.exe, PnkBstrA.exe, and PnkBstrB.exe from memory just to change any settings? I already have to fight tooth and nail with PB alone just to reinitialize if BC2 crashes. It's unnecessary to force us back into battlelog to change servers, unless you have some advertising in the way (or some pseudo-facebook bs waiting to ambush me about how "Jeepo needs more bullets! Click here to resupply your freinds!")

Comment

-wait for the browser to load, click the bookmark for battlelog...
            -click on join server
            -wait for origin to load...
            -wait for client to load...

...and then Im in. And this is better than autologin and autojoin the TG server like I did in BF2142? That was only a doubleclick on one shortcut.
            sigpic

Comment

The browser was ok in the alpha. It was nice to be able to continue surfing the internet right until it was ready, then just click and a second later be playing BF3.
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
                Indeed whiskey, but why should we have to unload bf3.exe, PnkBstrA.exe, and PnkBstrB.exe from memory just to change any settings?
                Win95 called. It want's it's memory-management back ;) C'mon man, it's 2011... <ALT-TAB>ing works now... and another 4GB of DDR3 RAM can be had for less than 25 bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                  The browser was ok in the alpha. It was nice to be able to continue surfing the internet right until it was ready, then just click and a second later be playing BF3.
                  I think this is a nice little bonus for a web-based server browser. Loading in the queue? Go to bookmarked Badger-Voodoo pr0n.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
                    Indeed whiskey, but why should we have to unload bf3.exe, PnkBstrA.exe, and PnkBstrB.exe from memory just to change any settings?
                    you don't, all you did in the alpha was alt+tab the game to get to battlelog and then change your settings. It changed them on the fly....including graphics adjustments. People are making a lot bigger deal about this than it really is.....especially those that have never, seen nor used it first hand. It is not "facebook". And for the record....I ran BF3 alpha with origin closed. All you did was fire it up, select BF3 and battlelog would come up. Then close origin if you want to and your done. Seriously not a big deal.
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

EA has gotten to Whiskey and Ven! Let's throw rocks at them!

Comment

:icon_lol:

Comment

I'll reserve judgement. A phone book would be an improvement over the BF2 server browser.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Haha, W6, took the words right out of my mouth with that video, was strongly considering linking it here recently.

Its a game, they're making it for you to buy, it will be fun, get over it. Its not like when COD up and did away with servers altogether. You have to click 4 buttons now? Damn, might as well just not get out of bed today because I have to put pants on.

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                              ... have to put pants on.
                              well... technically...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse