Hardcore Mode Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcore Mode Server

I've been around this place long enough and sunk enough money as a prior SM member to complain about this mode. I know opinions are like a**holes but the life of any game gets sucked out when this mode is turned on. Hardcore mode players from my expericence are like members of some realism cult who want to transfer reality into a video game. I prefer escapism like cross hairs, hit markers, map, health bar, etc. If you've drunk the cool aid and play that mode, fine. Please don't make the rest of us take the hardcore e-meter test. I'm all for a hardcore server as long we have a second non-hardcore (ranked or un) server.
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Hardcore Mode Server

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
      I've been around this place long enough and sunk enough money as a prior SM member to complain about this mode. I know opinions are like a**holes but the life of any game gets sucked out when this mode is turned on. Hardcore mode players from my expericence are like members of some realism cult who want to transfer reality into a video game. I prefer escapism like cross hairs, hit markers, map, health bar, etc. If you've drunk the cool aid and play that mode, fine. Please don't make the rest of us take the hardcore e-meter test. I'm all for a hardcore server as long we have a second non-hardcore (ranked or un) server.
      Speaking your mind, +rep.
      "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

We're all entitled to opinions, however...

Nothing is decided. Admins admin, players play.
        Skud

Comment

I agree with your concerns about the TG BF3 server fat. I too am worried that server settings pushing towards a realistic game will kill TG @ BF3 before it has a chance.
          However, I take offense at your tone. It is very counter productive. You will gain few allies and make many enemies. I understand your anger, but you are inviting a flame war.

Comment

I would expect TG to have enough players coming into this or returning to TG to try this, that there will be enough SM money to pay for 2 servers. Then its the old solution of a server for vanilla folk and a server for realism folk. QED.

Comment

jeeeeez FKD! Who peed in your cheerios this morning?! :icon_lol:

Originally posted by Lien View Post
              Speaking your mind, +rep.
              Speaking your mind is a big thumbs up!! ... unless of course the voice in your mind is that of a condescending troll... ;)

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
              I agree with your concerns about the TG BF3 server fat. I too am worried that server settings pushing towards a realistic game will kill TG @ BF3 before it has a chance.
              Where does this even come from?! Did I miss something? Nobody has even mentioned a hardcore server nor have I seen any discussion on anything about any settings!? Hell, we haven't even formed the admin team yet!! Take a deep breath guys :icon_lol:

Comment

This needs to be said now rather than later. I'm certain the realism crowd doesn't like features i've mentioned and enjoy. That's fine. Give me and them options.

Now that you mention it, my coffee did taste different this morning :)
                |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                - Check me out on The Onion
                - I'm on the local news!

Comment

I play HC BC2 a fair bit. I prefer it simply for the lowered player health. I do miss the minimap and the other bells and whistles though. I've played enough CoD that not having a hud doesn't bother me so I make do. My perfect server would have all the lights and buzzers working but the player health would be nerfed about 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                    Where does this even come from?! Did I miss something? Nobody has even mentioned a hardcore server nor have I seen any discussion on anything about any settings!? Hell, we haven't even formed the admin team yet!! Take a deep breath guys :icon_lol:
                    I promise, I didnt say anything to the Fatkid, but this topic did come up before with other game releases, and it did split the community as to what elements of gameplay lend themselves to the TG Primer and the SOPs in general. I was hoping that it would not come up and we would just stick to the modified vanilla mode we are enjoying with BC2, especially with the announcement of unranked goodness they are offering. IMO, its not perfect, but the modified vanilla is better than true vanilla.. and I personally cant stand the true-hardcore BC2 that most hardcore servers run, as it just encourages players to hide and wait for the enemy to move first.
                    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                    E Pluribus Unum
                    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

See I like hardcore a lot due to playing call of duty in the previous years. I feel that it shouldn't take a million bullets to kill someone. Now does the make me a simulation type player? I would hope not. To be honest I do not like sims much, except for racing :). I agree with drone that the health would need to be lowered and added that there shouldn't be cross hairs so it adds the need to use your sights and aren't just running and gunning.

I guess thats my two cents.
                      |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

In the BF3 Alpha test, players died pretty quickly. It felt like a mix between vanilla and hardcore health levels. It actually felt just right to me.

Comment

That's good to hear. I agree that we should wait for the actual release to judge and then go from there.
                          |TG|Melee
                          Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Bit of advice, labelling players and prejudging them and their preferences for a game that isn't out (with no details of server settings ) will split a community faster than most things.

I've played/am playing

Arma
                            BF Vanilla
                            POE
                            Arma 2
                            PR
                            BC2

I will play BF3, RO, PR:Arma and anything else I like the look of. Never expected any of them to be the same because they aren't. What `type`of player am I?
                            Last edited by Wicks; 08-25-2011, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                              In the BF3 Alpha test, players died pretty quickly. It felt like a mix between vanilla and hardcore health levels. It actually felt just right to me.

Gotta agree with that....it felt pretty good.
                              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X