im opting out of BF3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im opting out of BF3

Sorry guy i guess i wont be getting Battle Field 3. reason is because seems like the new EA EULA from EA will make them take total monitor control of your PC seeing all the software you have in your PC seeing all the sites you visit. i love BF games and really was looking forward to BF3 but im not desperate to play it either. i might end up getting the PS3 version but i doubt it.
    here is teh link to the artical

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6330914...op%3Bstory%3B2
    AKA: FoxDelta

My PC.
    Case: NZXT M59,
    ASUS Mother Board M4A77D,
    AMD Phemon II x4 3.2GHz ,
    GTX 570 1.2GB 320bit,
    DDR2 800 4GB RAM,
    PSU: Crosair 650w
    Res 1920x1080

Re: im opting out of BF3

First off, good for you for standing by your principals, its commendable. I think everyone needs to make the decision that is right for them, and its good that you are bringing this to others attention.

Personally I'll still be buying BF3. I don't downloaded illegal software or care if they know what websites I visit. Anything else bad my tinfoil hat protects me from :row__579:

Comment

Can't I just block communication from Origin to their servers with my information by blocking ports, etc. I highly doubt it will be the same ports needed to actually play the game... but it is possible they may use the same port for the authentication process. Hmm, I'll have to look into this when the game releases.
      A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
        First off, good for you for standing by your principals, its commendable. I think everyone needs to make the decision that is right for them, and its good that you are bringing this to others attention.

Personally I'll still be buying BF3. I don't downloaded illegal software or care if they know what websites I visit. Anything else bad my tinfoil hat protects me from :row__579:
        yeah i just sick and tired of all the bull crap that the corporations are trying to do by getting into our person lives, bad enough Facebook tracks everything you do, EA's Origin is some form of spy ware, na we have to draw a line some where. once i get better into making video games i wont put any DRM on my games.
        AKA: FoxDelta

My PC.
        Case: NZXT M59,
        ASUS Mother Board M4A77D,
        AMD Phemon II x4 3.2GHz ,
        GTX 570 1.2GB 320bit,
        DDR2 800 4GB RAM,
        PSU: Crosair 650w
        Res 1920x1080

Comment

Originally posted by acsam View Post
          yeah i just sick and tired of all the bull crap that the corporations are trying to do by getting into our person lives, bad enough Facebook tracks everything you do, EA's Origin is some form of spy ware, na we have to draw a line some where. once i get better into making video games i wont put any DRM on my games.
          Well, from what I have been reading it seems that this has always been a part of EA's EULA and this part activated when you registered online so you could avoid it then. Now you can't. Either way, I'm not really worried about it, even though it's a very intrusive move.
          A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Seriously EA? You want me to get a camera in my room so you can watch me play, move and breathe?
            ˝Memento audere semper˝

Comment

I understand your concerns, also of concern is if you access the "services" from work!

The Origin EULA refers to the EA privacy policy which was updated on the 3rd of june this year so
              if you do not like what it says in the EULA for Origin then you should not read the privacy policy.

I will post the link anyway. :row__517:

http://www.ea.com/1/privacy-policy

I am not that concerned about it myself, sure makes an interesting read though.
              Last edited by MrMojay; 08-25-2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

lol @ conspiracy theorists. Have a fun time not playing! :P

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Dang, I'm gonna need a bigger tinfoil hat. Kudos to you standing on principal. I for one salute our new Origin overlord.

Comment

Has anyone read Steam's privacy policy? I'm sure this is just another vocal minority group speaking up, as always. People that are content just keep their mouth's closed.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                      Has anyone read Steam's privacy policy? I'm sure this is just another vocal minority group speaking up, as always. People that are content just keep their mouth's closed.
                      As an aside. Steam will happily let you use the steam interface while playing pirated games, and doesn't actively monitor your computer for programs like Origin does. Steam's user data collection is pretty much limited to hardware stats and borrowing Window's list of installed programs.

Steam is about providing a service (so that you'll buy stuff).
                      Origin is about selling product (by providing a service). The difference is subtle, but ultimately very telling.

Comment

So moral of the story, dont pirate=no worries.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Two morals: Don't pirate=No worries and Hope the DRM doesn't screw up and flag you as a pirate. No software is infallible, but it really only becomes a problem when that program's failure locks you out of a bunch of other stuff.

Edit:

Kwalc, check this out http://www.sandboxie.com/

If one can limit the access Origin has to the system without breaking it, then everybody wins.

Comment

I'll find a way to block it, and when I do i'll post back in this thread.

Comment

Well if they are going to profile stuff, I'm looking forward to the Barbie and My Little Pony ads coming my way! ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X