Recon Spawn Beacons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recon Spawn Beacons

This sounds like 2142 fun but will only encourage more bush wookiees than there already are:

Dice’s Gameplay Designer, Gustav Halling may have revealed this new addition via twitter;
    “…play as recon and put out a radio beacon to spawn on…..Free choice for everyone!”
    It appears that this radio beacon will act as a portable spawn point that can be put down by the Recon class and will allow the whole squad to spawn on it as opposed to going all the way back to base.
    http://twitter.com/#!/gustavhalling/...77191060979712

Re: Recon Spawn Beacons

Originally posted by MeatCleaver View Post
    This sounds like 2142 fun but will only encourage more bush wookiees than there already are:

http://twitter.com/#!/gustavhalling/...77191060979712
    Sounds great to me! Think of the tactical possibilities, I can think of too many to write down :)

having a spawn point the other team does not know about and just decimate them by coming up behind them for example.

Should work great on the TG server.
    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

I wonder how they will balance it, the BF2142 system was quite obvious when one started using it.

Comment

Originally posted by devaZtation View Post
        I wonder how they will balance it, the BF2142 system was quite obvious when one started using it.
        Agreed. On the other hand though if it's too stealthy it'll give the squad using it an overwhelming advantage. A good mix of being detectable but useful will be difficult. I hope they do well with it :)

Comment

Originally posted by devaZtation View Post
          In 2142 you couldnīt spawn on SL if the beacon was deployed. Same in BF3?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
            In 2142 you couldnīt spawn on SL if the beacon was deployed. Same in BF3?
            You can spawn on anyone in your squad in BF3, so...

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
              You can spawn on anyone in your squad in BF3, so...
              Actually only the SL can do that...everyone else is limited to their SL, Flags or UCB

Also, "free choice for everyone" could imply the whole team and not just limited to your squad, OR it could mean recons don't need squads and can just deploy a beacon for themselves, the wording is too ambiguous, time will tell what he actually meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
                Actually only the SL can do that...everyone else is limited to their SL, Flags or UCB
                They recently changed it. It's now BC2 style spawning.

[edit: source, starting around 7:30 mark]

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                  They recently changed it. It's now BC2 style spawning.

[edit: source, starting around 7:30 mark]
                  I don't get that from what he was saying...he's talking about what squad leaders can do, and includes that they can spawn on anyone in their squad.

Unless you have something else to back that up I think its way to speculative to make that call.

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
                    I don't get that from what he was saying...he's talking about what squad leaders can do, and includes that they can spawn on anyone in their squad.

Unless you have something else to back that up I think its way to speculative to make that call.
                    ok :) I don't have anything else, nor time to google ATM.

Comment

So if everyone in the squad is a recon with a radio beacon and you can spawn on anyone at the same time? Thereīs no end to the possibilities!
                      sigpic

Comment

The all spawn being back was supposedly a test change at gamescom because Dice felt the attackers were losing too much in the alpha. I am sure they have data that says that, but as it was pointed out to them(on the ea forums) making that change seems misguided when:

- SL spawn was buggy and didn't work often
                        - You couldn't pick your own squad so you were stuck with whatever SL you got.
                        - Defenders spawned very close to the first objectives
                        - Its Rush - don't balance solely based on rush! :/

There seems to be a lot of pushback to that news so I would not be surprised if they revert back to SL only spawn at release.
                        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X