Face to face with a BF3 commercial animator/editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face to face with a BF3 commercial animator/editor

This is pretty random, but I met up with an old friend at a club tonight who works with animation and 3D rendering.
    We got to know each other 12 years ago through mutual friends. I congratulated him for getting work and having a a commercial air nation wide over here in Sweden.
    He said thanks and I asked what he was up to now. He said that he is freelancing and he had been working on something pretty exciting.
    He asked me: "Have you heard about Battlefield 3?"

I said hell yes :)

He told me that he had been working on animating a commercial for the game that will air some time in the future. I was pretty surprised and started to ask questions. The only thing he had to say was that BF3 is going to be awesome. I assume that he had got access to game assets and such.

By now most of you know that I am pretty cynical and/ or blasť about BF3 even after participating the alpha (more like BC than BF, but the more news I hear the happier I get), but hearing this from a good friend really gets me more hyped than any EA representative or marketing campaign ever could.

Can't wait!

Also I need to get more ram (4gb) and I need a new GPU, I was thinking GeForce 570 GTX <-good enough?

P.S He is a gamer and I hope he knows what he is talking about, if not I will mess him up!

Edit: This post might not tell anyone much other than that a commercial is coming (duh), I just thought it would be nice to say something positive for a change ;)
    Last edited by Lien; 08-31-2011, 10:21 PM.
    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Re: Face to face with a BF3 commercial animator/editor

Thats really awesome! I totally agree with what you are saying about word of mouth from a friend means more than anything else. Also glad to hear they may start promoting this game outside of the more hard core gamers.
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

What resolution you playing at and do you plan to upgrade the resolution? 1.2G might not be enough. You can get the 2.5G version but I don't think it's worth ~$380. The GPU should be powerful enough to play at med/high settings but without HBAO/ubersampling/whatever disabled. What CPU do you have though? Fermi has poor utilization with C2Q and Thubans in BC2.

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy Mullet View Post
        Thats really awesome! I totally agree with what you are saying about word of mouth from a friend means more than anything else. Also glad to hear they may start promoting this game outside of the more hard core gamers.
        Yeah I was pretty happy to hear him being so positive regarding BF3 :)

Originally posted by MeatCleaver View Post
        What resolution you playing at and do you plan to upgrade the resolution? 1.2G might not be enough. You can get the 2.5G version but I don't think it's worth ~$380. The GPU should be powerful enough to play at med/high settings but without HBAO/ubersampling/whatever disabled. What CPU do you have though? Fermi has poor utilization with C2Q and Thubans in BC2.
        My monitor's native res is 1920*1080 and I am pretty picky about frame drops, I was not completely happy with my computer's performance on BC2 although it worked OK. I miss my CRT since I would not have to upgrade in 2 more years, could have run it lower res with crisp image, if I had kept it :)

I have a Intel quadcore i7 i believe, 3.2 ghz or something (1.5 years old). I got to check it later since I am on my laptop right now. Thanks for replying
        "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Originally posted by Lien View Post
          Yeah I was pretty happy to hear him being so positive regarding BF3 :)

My monitor's native res is 1920*1080 and I am pretty picky about frame drops, I was not completely happy with my computer's performance on BC2 although it worked OK. I miss my CRT since I would not have to upgrade in 2 more years, could have run it lower res with crisp image, if I had kept it :)

I have a Intel quadcore i7 i believe, 3.2 ghz or something (1.5 years old). I got to check it later since I am on my laptop right now. Thanks for replying
          You should be fine. I'd bump that up to 3.8 or 4Ghz if I were you. What GPU do you have right now? It's hard to recommend since the drivers were so horrible during the Alpha. If you have to get Nvidia you'll probably want a 580 at least or two 2gb 560s. Otherwise I'd recommend a 6950 reference card and unlock it to a 6970 which is what I've done. Their scaling is near 100% so two of them equal two 580s but they're usually 10 or so fps behind the 580 in single card mode.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X