Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spawing on your squad is a perk that must be used. Not a in game Feature.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawing on your squad is a perk that must be used. Not a in game Feature.

I stumbled across http://attackofthefanboy.com/feature...n-pc-rush-tdm/

Then I read this

"My evening started to get somewhat fuzzy as we concluded our play sessions (thanks Kettle One), but I do believe that Matros confirmed to me that spawning would be handled by a device which allows squad mates to spawn on you. It's a perk that must be used, and not a given feature in the game. Without the device, you would be confined to spawning in designated areas. Whether or not anyone knew this while we were playing, I'm not sure."

Which would explain the recent introduction to the spawning device for recon in recent rumors. I believe this device will be for any player and not just recon. I can see how tactical this can but but frustrating also. If one does not remember to place the item down also if they is the only way to spawn on your squad then having to meet up with them from a spawn point. How well defending/spot able will these items be. I remember the drop points in 2142 easy to spot if given enough time to live and find it.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Spawing on your squad is a perk that must be used. Not a in game Feature.

I like it. Personally, I like the idea of coordinating squad efforts and straying away from encouraging lone-wolfing.

Comment

The spawn beacon was used in 2142 to great affect. Will it work if they have it in BF3 time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
        The spawn beacon was used in 2142 to great affect.
        Only in certain situations. Most of the time it was an attention-grabbing death trap, and usually had me switching to a different squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
          Only in certain situations. Most of the time it was an attention-grabbing death trap...
          That´s when you ordered a squad-member to destroy it so they could spawn on you instead.
          sigpic

Comment

are you going to parachute down?

If you are, that's slow and tedious and would subject squad members to a dangerous situation. The pods came down fast and hard without fear of enemy shooting it down.

Comment

Spawning on your squad and the device in question are two separate and unrelated things... There's so much misinformation from people misunderstanding things or straight up making **** up.

Comment

Unless they have changed absolutely everything they have said and showed so far this is just someone misunderstanding the dynamics
                Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I see it as someones opinion, not an actual fact!

Comment

I recall BF2 spawning only on Squad Leaders (SL) and I was concerned when the spotting system in BF3 would mark SL with a star by their triangle. I saw this as unfair. How would one know if they are a squad leader or not. If they wore insignias I would understand but having the ability to tell the difference between an enemy squad member and an enemy SL would mean people could then focus all their efforts on the SL only. So if the squad as a whole is not that good and cannot protect their SL. I would consider that grieving and ruining the game for some. Just a anticipation thought.

I do wish they keep to BF2 for spawning mechanic. It made it tactical and gave the player who was SL a role to play other than soldier.

My best BF2 memories are from TG. Friendly forcing players to join squads and follow commands. It promoted team work in conquest mode when there was not any some times. It is not like rush where you are as a team force to obtain a objective in a linear manner.

Only time will tell when beta starts. Which I hope is soon.

Comment

I hope it is soon too, according to the tweets it is in September! ;)

http://twitter.com/#!/battlefield

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X