BF3 Rush: No MCOMs in buildings.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Rush: No MCOMs in buildings.

@Demize99 will there be FULLY distructible buildings in bf3????

Demize99 @mrdoolit Yes

@Demize99 @mrdoolit does that mean buildings crash down like bfbc2? I really did not like how the mcom was destroyed because of this.

@Demize99 @Arturo_SA1993 @mrdoolit We decided not to have crates in D2.0 buildings in BF3. But the buildings can still come down.

Glad to see they recognized that method of MCOM destruction as a flaw.

Re: BF3 Rush: No MCOMs in buildings.

Does anyone know if MCOMs can still be destroyed by firing rockets/throwing C4 at them? That too was a bit annoying in BC2, if someone got a tracer on the MCOM and their entire team bombarded it with Gustavs.
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Ehhhhhh...

As long as certain silver bullet style defenses don't show up again, the ones that are unbreakable with any skill level.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
        Does anyone know if MCOMs can still be destroyed by firing rockets/throwing C4 at them? That too was a bit annoying in BC2, if someone got a tracer on the MCOM and their entire team bombarded it with Gustavs.
        I could be wrong...but I am pretty sure you can't trace the MCOMS

Comment

I am pretty sure you can not trace an mcomm in BC2
          sigpic

Comment

And I'm sure you can't trace mcoms :)
            Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Haha, have you ever played BC2? You definitely couldn't trace MCOMs. As far as destroying MCOMs with C4 or RPGs, that strategy was balanced for the most part in one of the last patches. It now takes roughly 24 shots of anything to blow up an MCOM.
              "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

im sure you cant trace mcmoms :p

Comment

The enemy RPGers were so accurate that westyfield thought the MCOM was traced.

Comment

The topic title along with content of the text is a bit miss leading. I see how they state they will not place MCOMs in full destructible buildings. (i.e. D2.0) I take that as an indication there will be a limited amount of buildings (I hope) that are not fully destructible.

As I recall in a recent interview with DICE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYe7hDbJ6tQ they would leave a few items to be not fully destructible for Rush purposes. (I really hated how Heavy Metal just became a wasteland in high tick servers)

I hope they end up having a few buildings that an MCOM would be placed in that required infantry only tactics (clearing out the room(s), securing the zone, defending the zone from enemy reinforcements, etc) that would remain standing up but still having a few D1.0 or 1.5 level of detail. (To decrease stand offs and bottlenecks)

For instance, in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, there were certain pathways one would open up by destruction. I know this is an entirely different game/pace of gameplay but my statement still stands. In BF2, the path you took to an objective in urban/indoor maps lead to bottlenecks and standoffs. (Strike at Karkand, inside Titans, etc) Coming the Bad Company series they implemented destruction as a feature one could choose tactically but most of the time we just keep blowing up stuff till it came crashing down. Why not add a mixture of both? Does making a game a near complete sandbox experience make it necessarily better?

I am just fearful of maps becoming pancakes because we spent more time destroying the objective than obtain it with class :P

Comment

What what game have you been playing? I trace those MCOMMS all the time. ;)

I don't really care if the MCOMMS are in buildings or not, as long as they are not placed too much in the open
                      Not much fun in trying to disarm while 10 people hide 50 meters away, and unleashing a hailstorm of Gustavs at you.

If your squad manage to wipe the enemies defending that armed MCOMM you should be rewarded with a disarm.
                      "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Thank God! I hated the fact that you could just have someone snipe with a CG or run up with C4 and blow up the MCOM by destroying the building.
                        sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
                          I could be wrong...but I am pretty sure you can't trace the MCOMS
                          Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
                          I am pretty sure you can not trace an mcomm in BC2
                          Originally posted by Abel View Post
                          And I'm sure you can't trace mcoms :)
                          Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
                          Haha, have you ever played BC2? You definitely couldn't trace MCOMs.
                          Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                          im sure you cant trace mcmoms :p
                          I stand corrected then. :)
                          And VoodooIT - I have played BC2, a lot - I was always on the receiving end of the RPGs, so I assumed they were traced as they seemed fairly accurate. And if MCOMs have been patched to be tougher, excellent! Maybe I'll play Rush more often now.
                          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

The worst is the over-the horizon tank pixel-sniping on Arica Harbor. :/

edit: LOL, I suppose this doesn't really fix that, does it!?

Comment

There are MCOMs in buildings, just not in destructible buildings like Demize said.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X