No mounted machine guns in BF3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No mounted machine guns in BF3

In previous Battlefield games — virtually all of them — there were select points on maps that featured mounted machine guns for players to use in order to protect an area, but that’s a thing of the past with Battlefield 3. Since most weapons can now feature a bipod, it means they can be mounted on most surfaces and take over the role of the dedicated mounted MG. This is according to DICE’s Alan Kertz.
    Source
    A.E.K.Δ.B.

Re: No mounted machine guns in BF3

There is not as much a need for them.
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I sort of agree but I am disappointed they wont be back. I always liked being a recon or something and hopping on a 40mm MG and tearing stuff up.
      sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

That's kind of disappointing. Clear-cutting trees on Nelson Bay or White Pass Rush with a mounted MG has always proven effective for defense.

Comment

Honestly, with as bad as the placement was for most of those, I won't exactly miss em...
          sigpic

Comment

Static map items have always seemed really ineffective to me as learning their positions made them easily counterable.
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

have to agree ^
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Also agree but there is something satisfying about seeing 5-7 tracers reaching out to touch an enemy helo. Everyone jumps onto whatever emplaced weapon to bring it down. Teamwork like that brings a tear of joy to my eye.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

Nothing like playing a game of rush on africa harbor, laying out smoke on the bridge and firing away at blinded enemies with the mounted MG across the tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotton926 View Post
                    Nothing like playing a game of rush on africa harbor, laying out smoke on the bridge and firing away at blinded enemies with the mounted MG across the tracks.
                    Not sure which game you play, but if you are talking about BC2 i think its called Arica Harbor or something.
                    sigpic

Comment

The support LMG better damage helicopters then. I don't want to have to always pack the AA missile unlock just to swat those pesky attack helos out of the sky.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                        The support LMG better damage helicopters then. I don't want to have to always pack the AA missile unlock just to swat those pesky attack helos out of the sky.
                        you'll never touch me :D
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
                          90% sure I saw something via twitter that you can't damage them with small arms fire.

Having played Vietnam I can't say I disagree with it, I never minded packing AA, hopefully it will prove to be an effective counter.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X