Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf3 more info on recon class and last stand/man down

FROM: http://mp1st.com/2011/09/07/bf3-more...standman-down/

Our man, Alan Kertz, aka Demize99, is just handing out Battlefield 3 info like candy! The only thing he’s not spilling, of course, is the beta date. So, we’ll just have to patiently wait for that day to come.

However, we do now have more info on the recon class and what the deal is with the revive/last stand/man down function.

As many of you know, the support class (as well as any class with a fully automatic weapon, like an assault rifle) now has the ability to “suppress” enemies. If he lays down a barrage of bullets near his enemy’s position, the receiver will now be at the disadvantage of having slightly blurred vision, and will have a harder time pulling off accurate shots. We learned today how this function affects snipers when one fan asked Mr. Kertz on Twitter if snipers still have to control their breathing while prone with a bipod. He simply replied, “Not if they are not suppressed.” Kertz later clarified that he indeed meant suppressed as in suppressed by a LMG, not suppressed as in silenced. So, to turn his statement into a positive sentence, snipers still need to hold their breath while in prone, with a bipod, if they are being suppressed.

Let’s talk more recon. Kertz clarified exactly how silencers affect sniper rifles. “Suppressed snipers have a lower muzzle velocity, giving them a larger bullet drop and lead. Same damage, tougher shots.” Kertz also shed some light on the the reasoning for why sniper rifles behave the way they do in Battlefield 3. He reminds us that “This isn’t BC2, this is BF3 and we’re sticking with the damage model for sniper rifles from BF2.” It is the true sequel to Battlefield 2 after all.

Worried that the revive function in Battlefield 3 is too similar to “last stand” in the Call of Duty series? Kertz assures us that “It’s nothing like Last Stand.” The reason for all the fuss is that it was revealed that ” ‘Man Down’ is post revive, before you accept the revive you come back with your sidearm, and after accept you’re back to norm.” This may sound oddly similar to “last stand”, at least during the moment before you accept a revive, but I think we can trust DICE to make sure this isn’t a game breaking feature.

Two other smaller, but fresh facts:

Kertz answered “Yes” to a fan asking whether or not a grenade will still explode if the player was killed the second after he threw it. When asked if being killed and revived still counts as a death, Kertz replied “As of yesterday, no. It’ll be in the final game but not the beta.” Something to keep in mind.
    I like the suppressors using subsonic rounds and having more bullet drop. I think that's a good tradeoff.
    -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Re: Bf3 more info on recon class and last stand/man down

Man down state eh... not sure about that but will see how it goes. If you go down and can fire at me, I better darn well be able to put you down the rest of the way. Can you say double tap?!?
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Read the post again.... when you go down you go down. The pistol thing is only when you get revived, before you accept the revive. I'm not even sure you can fire at that point, ive never tried it, and that was in the alpha too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
        Read the post again.... when you go down you go down. The pistol thing is only when you get revived, before you accept the revive. I'm not even sure you can fire at that point, ive never tried it, and that was in the alpha too.
        Yeah, you could fire your pistol whilst on the ground. Not sure if you could aim down the sights or not. And besides, if you've just been revived, it means you were just killed in that exact spot, so lying still on the floor probably isn't the best idea.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I am not sure I understand the point of it...when would you use this as opposed to accepting the revive ?

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
            I am not sure I understand the point of it...when would you use this as opposed to accepting the revive ?
            When the enemy is right on top of you waiting for you to get back up

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
              When the enemy is right on top of you waiting for you to get back up

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
              So if they shoot me again while I am between being revived and not...do I die again?

Comment

I don't know how much they have announced and how much I can talk about Alpha game play..

The Revive/Man down is working really good lets all just stay at that and the rest we can read about from Dice and try out for us self in the Beta
                Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
                  So if they shoot me again while I am between being revived and not...do I die again?
                  From what I remember, if you die, get revived and then get shot before you can accept (i.e. while you are lying on the ground), you go back to the normal 'dead' state. I don't think it adds another death to your score, and I'm pretty sure you can be revived again. So there could be a problem with people being revived and getting shot before they can deny the revive. We'll have to see how that works/doesn't work.
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                    From what I remember, if you die, get revived and then get shot before you can accept (i.e. while you are lying on the ground), you go back to the normal 'dead' state. I don't think it adds another death to your score, and I'm pretty sure you can be revived again. So there could be a problem with people being revived and getting shot before they can deny the revive. We'll have to see how that works/doesn't work.
                    If I remember correctly: When you are down and get revived your handgun is usable, however if you were "killed" again before opting in/ out of the revive you were put down and returned to the spawn screen, meaning you were not revivable again. If you accepted being revived and were taken down 30 seconds later you could be revived again.
                    I am pretty sure of this, I remember getting taken out, being revived and popping a few shots to take down an enemy and then accepting the revive.
                    But then again I could have dreamt it all up :)
                    Last edited by Lien; 09-08-2011, 06:36 PM. Reason: Edit: Must have been a dream, or was it? I have this NDA branded spinning top. The alpha stopped before the spinning top did.
                    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

I honestly never knew about this feature despite playing alpha...I always spammed my accept revive button the second it came up.

Comment

@zh1nt0 If the beacon is indoors, you spawn on the beacon, outdoors in the open you control the chute.
                        https://twitter.com/#%21/Demize99/st...45609568718848

Awesome. Too bad it's still put down by bush wookiees... Give SL the beacon again, please.

Comment

I really hope they make them easy to find and destroy

Comment

Eh, I miss the pod landings from 2142. :p
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Now we find out spawn beacons disappear on respawn. Yay! More reason for bush wookiees to be removed from the action and continue to contribute nothing! :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X