Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BLO] Battlefield 3 Beta Date is no Mystery!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BLO] Battlefield 3 Beta Date is no Mystery!

I'm suprised that EA and DICE have so strongly defended the Battlefield 3 Beta release date. They clearly announced at E3 that the Battlelog "PUBLIC" beta would commence on September 11th 2011. Without Battlefield 3, Battlelog will have extremely limited functionality and considering Battlelog is the core of Battlefield 3 an open beta without Battlelog wouldn't have online functionality at all. The Battlefield 3 public beta should commence on September 11th as previously announced at E3, that would then mean the previously announced 48 hour private beta would trial on September 9th.

There are two issues with this; firstly for a private beta to commence Battlelog needs to be open and running. Secondly EA/DICE may decide to publically open Battlelog on the previously mentioned September 11th, this would coincide with a private 48 hour Battlefield 3 beta. This would give full functionality to Battlefield online, it would also allow the public to play around with Battlelog, this would give 48 hours to play with it's features before finally getting to download and play the Battlefield 3 public beta.

A tweet from the Battlelog team back in June also seems to confirm this:

Remember, the public beta of #BF3 will take place in September. #battlelog will be tested as well.
    With 4 days left till the previously announced Battlelog public beta I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Edit:

Looks like DICE community manager Daniel "zh1nt0" Matros dropped a pretty big clue today.

Because it was pushed to Friday . No real reason.
    Friday is September 9th that's 2 days (or 48 hours) prior to the previously announced September 11th public beta, I think it's safe to say the Battlefield 3 public beta will be commencing as scheduled at E3 for September 11th whilst the 48 hour private trial will take place from from September 9th - 11th. A weekend trial makes perfect sense as it'll give everyone a good opportunity to play the game.
    Source

So it looks like Friday may be the start of the Beta... no official release yet, just clues :D
    A.E.K.Δ.B.

Re: [BLO] Battlefield 3 Beta Date is no Mystery!

Random site speculates - more rumors at 11.

(they never announced anything at E3)
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
      Random site speculates - more rumors at 11.

(they never announced anything at E3)
      Although your right, it is speculation... but he is the community manager for the EAUK forums I believe.

Also...

Originally Posted by Stefanoples
      zh1nt0 Daniel Matros
      @
      @lezenko @Jeperty Friday
      45 minutes ago

TWillis101 Tom Willis
      @
      @zh1nt0 Why Friday?? Its always been on Thursdays, and I was hoping for a Beta announcement tomorrow #BF3
      43 minutes ago

zh1nt0 Daniel Matros
      @
      @TWillis101 Haven´t you heard? Friday is the new thursday
      42 minutes ago

TWillis101 Tom Willis
      @
      @zh1nt0 OMG, dude stop joking XD no really, are the Battlelogs now going to be coming out on Fridays?? Thanks!
      38 minutes ago
      in reply to ↑

@zh1nt0
      Daniel Matros
      @TWillis101 Battleblog is being released this friday instead
      36 minutes ago via web
      A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

New information:

DICE PUTS BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA START DATE RUMORS TO REST

Lately, an old rumor on Battlefield 3′s beta release date has resurfaced. The rumor stipulates that DICE is going to launch the Beta on September 9th for Medal of Honor owners and people who preordered BF3 through EA’s Origin, and it will go live on September 11th for everyone else. However, DICE’s Daniel Matros has just put this particular rumor to bed by reassuring it is “not valid”.
        Well, DICE made sure that rumor didn't last long.
        A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

We shall see. I don't think it will happen, but that helps me keep from getting my hopes up. That way I will be pleasantly surprised when I wake up and a big sign is up saying BF3 BETA IS ON!!! SWEEEETTTTTT!!

oh shiz, im already excited...
          -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

The rumor mill sure has kicked it into hig gear huh. Of course that suits dice and ea just fine. At this point i expext the beta to start very soon; if not this week then next. They mentioned wanting fresh input to improve the game rigt up to release day and a decently long beta period would suit that very well indeed. Expect the beta soon and expect day 1 patches

Comment

Originally posted by Kappa View Post
              New information:

DICE PUTS BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA START DATE RUMORS TO REST

Well, DICE made sure that rumor didn't last long.

Not sure if you noticed but the date of the post is from August 24th. Well before the person made up that rumored date post. While this does not change the fact DICE was telling the truth. Logically it makes sense if they are lanching Battlelog which has a tie in to BF3 and is key to their game. It makes sense for this to be a higher percentage of truth than people just spewing out dates and such.

Does anyone remember the date BF2 demo was release?

Comment

Originally posted by Visser View Post

The game launched 6-23-05, I believe the demo was like 2 weeks before the launch
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

It would make sense if they released the closed beta on a Friday or a Saturday which would give more value to the pre order people. People that don't have the closed beta access would then spend the entire weekend regretting they didn't buy the Origin BF pre order.

Comment

I'm away this weekend!

Comment

I'm guessing they're going to announce the open beta date at least a day or 2 before the closed beta begins. I'm guessing they'll grab an extra few preorders from people who want to jump in the closed beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Visser View Post
                        Not sure if you noticed but the date of the post is from August 24th. Well before the person made up that rumored date post. While this does not change the fact DICE was telling the truth. Logically it makes sense if they are lanching Battlelog which has a tie in to BF3 and is key to their game. It makes sense for this to be a higher percentage of truth than people just spewing out dates and such.

Ah, no I didn't notice. Good find.
                        A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

What Kappa quoted in his post clearly said BattleBLOG, and how it was going to be released on Fridays instead of Thursdays or whenever it usually is posted every week.

It had nothing to do with Battlelog or the BF3 Open Beta.

Don't cancel your weekend plans heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
                            Don't cancel your weekend plans heh.
                            +1 Now thats whats what I like to hear.

Comment

EDIT: "waaaaaaa boo hooo"

hehe
                              Last edited by |3illY; 09-08-2011, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X