Get 25% off BF3 if you haven't preordered already

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get 25% off BF3 if you haven't preordered already

1. You'll need a novelty email account - specifically an email that hasn't been registered with an Origin account.
    2. With this novelty email account, create an Origin account.
    3. Put your birthday at least 2 days from the day you create the account. It's important to do that now, since you won't be able to change or view your birthday after the account creation process.
    4. Once the account is created, verify the email address.
    5. Add some games to your account, like MOH, BC2, and 2142. (I'm not sure if this step is necessary)
    6. It also helps to tick the "Contact me about EA's products, news, events and promotions." option in the 'Contact Preferences' tab, as well as checking the "Battlefield" option under 'Interests' in the same tab.

A week ago, I followed these steps, set my birthday for the 7th, and got my code yesterday. It works for BF3 preorders (paid $45 instead of $60), so I can confirm it works.

Re: Get 25% off BF3 if you haven't preordered already

But when Origin becomes self-aware it will be all confused and will send you a card on the wrong day!

Comment

Oh dear God.....It just now occurred to me that ORIGIN.....is SKYNET. Where's John Connor when you need him???
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I got in touch with Origin support via live chat and told them that I had lost my 20% off coupon for BF3. They gave me a new one. :)

Comment

Or sign up for EA Gun Club and get a code a day or two later as well.

Comment

Wouldn't making a new account mean you lose the reserved character names you have from BF2/2142/BC2?

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
              Wouldn't making a new account mean you lose the reserved character names you have from BF2/2142/BC2?
              You just make a new account to get the code. It's a dummy account.

Comment

I just want to make aware to you guys something that an EA Supervisor told to me about using any of these Birthday codes, Gun Club codes on a BF3 pre-order. He said that none of these codes are mean't for using on any pre-order and they have a "chance" on when game-day comes of trying to authenticate the game and the game will come up with errors and therefore will not work. Now, in my opinion I doubt that anything will happen... but I thought I would mention it.
                A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Originally posted by MeatCleaver View Post
                  You just make a new account to get the code. It's a dummy account.
                  His point is that your dummy account will not be tied to your(my) EA account that has all the other EA games tied to... no veteran status or using the same name for BF3, since it is being used by another account.
                  theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                  E Pluribus Unum
                  Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
                    I got in touch with Origin support via live chat and told them that I had lost my 20% off coupon for BF3. They gave me a new one. :)

I tried that and they said they didn't have access to promotions
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                      His point is that your dummy account will not be tied to your(my) EA account that has all the other EA games tied to... no veteran status or using the same name for BF3, since it is being used by another account.
                      You don't have to use the code on that account. It's just for getting the code.

Comment

Originally posted by MeatCleaver View Post
                        Or sign up for EA Gun Club and get a code a day or two later as well.
                        The gun club code doesn't work for pre-orders. I got that code as well and as far as I know, it hasn't worked for anyone trying to get BF3.

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                        The purpose of the dummy account is just to get the code. Once you receive the code, you can just use the code on your intended account.

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                          I tried that and they said they didn't have access to promotions
                          Sorry :(

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                          The purpose of the dummy account is just to get the code. Once you receive the code, you can just use the code on your intended account.
                          The code I got was tied to my account (they asked for email and other account verification info).

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
                            Sorry :(

The code I got was tied to my account (they asked for email and other account verification info).
                            Did you try buying online? Just put the code in the checkout page.

Comment

Originally posted by Kappa View Post
                              I just want to make aware to you guys something that an EA Supervisor told to me about using any of these Birthday codes, Gun Club codes on a BF3 pre-order. He said that none of these codes are mean't for using on any pre-order and they have a "chance" on when game-day comes of trying to authenticate the game and the game will come up with errors and therefore will not work. Now, in my opinion I doubt that anything will happen... but I thought I would mention it.
                              Yeah.... That's a rep talking out of his ass. If the code "didn't work" because they screwed up the system, they wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on if they didn't, say, contact you about it and immediately refund the purchase.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X