Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Battlefield 3 Info Surfaces/ Also Battlefield 3 Beta Rumored to Start on Sept. 27

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] New Battlefield 3 Info Surfaces/ Also Battlefield 3 Beta Rumored to Start on Sept. 27

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/2...info-surfaces/

Senior Gameplay Designer on Battlefield 3, Alan Kertz, revealed a bunch of details regarding Battlefield 3 on twitter while answering questions from fans. He talked about the revival system, hitregs, squad beacons, shotgun sniper rifles and much more. Check out the full reveal below.

Squad Specs don't stack and players can use as the same numbers of squad specs as the squad members.
    Frag won't be doing a lot of damage to the environment since they aren't really high explosives.
    No Hitreg and there will be a totally new system for BF3.
    Multithreading will be supported.
    Supersonic bullets make a crackling noise when close enough.
    No weapons for the pilot of a transport chopper, but there will be rewards.
    There will be lots of never before seen vehicles, some returning classics, and a TON of customization items.
    6x is the highest zoom level for most guns apart from recon rifle.
    Flag number varies between Conquest Small and Conquest Large. But is consistent across platforms.
    Squad beacon goes away on respawn.
    When the beacon is outdoors in the open you control the parachute.
    A host of fast and light Jeeps with a heavy MG will be at your disposal.
    No shotgun sniper rifles.
    Up close in hardcore bolt action sniper rifles can 1 Hit Kill at close range. In normal, no 1 Hit Kill with bolts in the body.
    The ranks are based on Authentic Marine ranks, with comendations to fill out the full 50.
    Marksman Bonus for sniper headshots beyond 50m are back!
    Wide variety of shotgun types, but only 1 pump action - Semi, Auto, Tube, Magazine, different spreads.
    Flight models will be identical on PC and consoles.
    Players can shoot stingers from the passenger seats.
    The mortar has both HE and Smoke rounds.
    When you get defibbed you are "back to life." You need to accept to use anything other than your pistol in prone.
    You can shoot someone trying to knife your teammate from behind.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/ba...-on-sept-27th/

Those that are anxiously awaiting DICE to announce the specific start date for the upcoming beta for Battlefield 3 could be getting a concrete date later today. There have been alot of rumors floating around about the exact start for the beta, who will be included, and when. DICE has gone so far as to announce that until they announce it, nothing is set in stone. A trusted source has alluded to the beta starting on September 27th, for a closed beta period, followed by the open beta to begin on September 29th.

Later today, the Battleblog could have concrete details, and the specifics for those that purchased Medal of Honor etc. It'll be exciting to hear what maps DICE will show in the beta, or if they will keep the game on Operation Metro like the Alpha test.

Keep your eyes peeled today for more info.

Re: New Battlefield 3 Info Surfaces/ Also Battlefield 3 Beta Rumored to Start on Sept

Originally posted by Visser View Post
    Wide variety of shotgun types, but only 1 pump action - Semi, Auto, Tube, Magazine, different spreads.
    Flight models will be identical on PC and consoles.
    ugh....really wanted less auto shotty
    ugh....wanted the more complex controls for flying like BF2, now everyone and there brother will think there "maverick and goose"

everything else sounds cool!
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Re: New Battlefield 3 Info Surfaces/ Also Battlefield 3 Beta Rumored to Start on Sept

Flag number varies between Conquest Small and Conquest Large. But is consistent across platforms.
      The most interesting line to me. I wonder exactly what this means in terms of compromise.
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

The mortar has both HE and Smoke rounds.
        Nothing will make my day like lucky head shot with a mortar smoke round.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
          The most interesting line to me. I wonder exactly what this means in terms of compromise.
          not sure what you mean?
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

IRL Stingers are deplyed on Humvees, Bradleys,MQ-1 Predators and choppers. The stinger missile uses Infrared tracking IRL.

Comment

Perhaps I am overlooking some exceptions that they are not saying with that statement, it appears that the conquest large maps(this is the 64 player conquest right?) are still available on the consoles just with a 24 player limit rather than 64. Same number of flags. My question is if the large maps have the same boundaries and flag layout on all platforms as well and if so what compromises they made to accomplish this.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                Perhaps I am overlooking some exceptions that they are not saying with that statement, it appears that the conquest large maps(this is the 64 player conquest right?) are still available on the consoles just with a 24 player limit rather than 64. Same number of flags. My question is if the large maps have the same boundaries and flag layout on all platforms as well and if so what compromises they made to accomplish this.
                I believe they are only referring to the amount of flags on the map. PC will have two size versions of maps I assume. We already know consoles are limited. So if you think about it like that. They are saying that while the number of flags vary between the two conquest modes on PC the number of flags on console will be consistence since the maps will all be the same size due to their limitations.

Comment

Not sure what the 'compromise' comment is about considering conquest large is PC-only.

That post basically says 'conquest small is the same across platforms'.

Comment

You guys might want to check this.

http://www.physicalwarfare.com/
                    -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Although that website is registered to some dude in Norway.

Comment

That would make sense, saying it the way you worded it would have be easier to understand though.
                        Last edited by Namebot; 09-09-2011, 05:21 PM.
                        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I'm parachuting in? AWESOME!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DocGuo View Post
                            I'm parachuting in? AWESOME!!!!!!
                            I saw that and was stoked too, maybe instead of instantly spawning on the SL we will be deployed via parachute. Like they did on the Berlin map in BF1942. Which means when I am shooting the SL, three soldiers will not instantly appear lined up behind him.

It is one of the things I hate about not having the DeathCam in BC2, I have no idea what the player I am about to spawn in on is doing. Right now I cant tell if he is standing in the open taking fire from 4 players 50 feet from him.
                            theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                            E Pluribus Unum
                            Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                            Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by Visser View Post
                              Multithreading will be supported.
                              Uh, I certainly hope this would be the case. It would be embarrassingly sad if it weren't for a so-called "PC"-focused game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X