X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All game modes on all maps!

http://bf3blog.com/2011/09/battlefie...-5-game-modes/

Liking this.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: All game modes on all maps!

Let us hope the maps are good then :P

Comment

9 maps is pathetic. The largest game in the BF series has by far the least number of MP maps in the series.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

9 plus the 5 karkand maps....I think its fine
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Wait, let me do the math..........yep, that's exactly 9 more than we have now ; )

Comment

2142 = 10 Maps on release
            BC2 = 10 Maps on release
            BF3 = 9 Maps on release

10 - 9= far ?

Edit: Not trying to be a jerk...but I think it might be a bit of an exaggeration here
            Last edited by Specterr; 09-14-2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

4 Karkand maps... not sure where you got 5

Comment

So TG is going to go with the extra content on their servers now??

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy Mullet View Post
                  9 maps is pathetic. The largest game in the BF series has by far the least number of MP maps in the series.
                  I would rather have quality maps, than a big number of maps where there will be a few that will end up being boring and capable of killing the server.

Comment

I know I am in the minority on the maps but they are the life blood of the game. Without the variety, BF3 will get stale fast. We can not assume that less maps equal better quality. 1942 had 16 maps and when BF2 released with 12 the same argument was made about 12 quality maps... But as we found out not all maps played well and I am willing to bet some of the maps DICE expected to play well and be the next El Al failed. So at 9 maps that risk increases, especially if the map that is supposed to be "your style of a map" ends up stinking. That's it, no other options... That is your map to play for that combat style... The end.

If the Karkand maps get normal rotation that would really help. I think with the new system of launching via browser, it may make it easier to switch modes since you load the game when you load the map, it won't matter if it is DLC... But that is pure speculation based on what little we know,

Listen you guys know I am excited about the game but to me the game is only as good as the maps. To be the biggest title in Battlefiled, having the least amount of variety in maps concerns me. I am sooooooo glad however that we at least get 64 player conquest on each map.
                    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

This news means that the beta map, Operation Metro, is somehow conquest 64p. That seems surprising really.

9 is a decent number of maps to get us started but I hope that DICE takes the money they will make from DLC to make FREE map packs. More maps means more variety which, in turn, means more fun to be had in my opinion. And I really do hope that any extra maps after Karkand will be free. The maps are the major lifeblood of the game to help ensure that it ages well. It does nobody any good to split the community over DLC. I hope they have learned this lesson to make it less painful for the rest of us.

I highly doubt that TG will run the Karkand maps unless they run a separate server to do it (which has failed in the past with northern strike etc. iirc) or everybody gets Karkand at some point. Getting kicked from a server running DLC maps because you refused to buy in leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X