Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleblog #11: Every Battlefield 3 multiplayer game mode explained

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...plained.aspx##

"If you are familiar with this game mode from Battlefield: Bad Company 2, you might want to know we are refining it for Battlefield 3 in a number of ways, based on player feedback. Some of the gameplay tweaks we are bringing to Rush are:
    * You cannot use explosives or shoot at the M-COM to take it out. Only arm and disarm.
    * If the attacking team arms the M-COM but runs out of tickets, the match will continue until the M-COM detonates or defenders disarm it
    * If the defenders start disarming an M-COM just before itís about to blow, the explosion is prevented until the disarm is accomplished. If the defender gets killed during the disarm process, the M-COM will instantly blow"

YES!

Re: Battleblog #11: Every Battlefield 3 multiplayer game mode explained

Under RUSH I caught this:

"As an all-out warfare mode, Rush features a large variety of vehicle setups tuned specifically to that mapís landscape and features. Players can find all types of vehicles on Rush maps, including transport vehicles, armored vehicles, helicopters, and of course, Jets. Rush offers a compelling objective based all-out warfare game mode for Battlefield veterans."

I thought they had verified no Jets in Rush. Kilrogg could you clarify this? ;)

Comment

I can see jets being used depending on how the map is set up. The part that makes me wonder is how effective can the vehicles be when ultimatly it has to be boots on the ground getting in close to arm that mcom with the entire team looking at it. We do it now but with the inclusion of more vehicles it makes me wonder. Betting this is where the A10 will come in play more.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Sounds good...I gotta say Dice has impressed me by actually making the same changes I would make.

The state of VoIP is really my last remaining reservation towards BF3

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy Mullet View Post
          I can see jets being used depending on how the map is set up. The part that makes me wonder is how effective can the vehicles be when ultimatly it has to be boots on the ground getting in close to arm that mcom with the entire team looking at it. We do it now but with the inclusion of more vehicles it makes me wonder. Betting this is where the A10 will come in play more.
          I am guessing the jets will be controlled remotely or called in for strikes. Not manned like in Conquest.

Comment

If the defender gets killed during the disarm process, the M-COM will instantly blow"
            This i like the most. Defenders will have to clear the surroundings before trying to disarm. No more MCOMM zombies :D

I am guessing the jets will be controlled remotely or called in for strikes. Not manned like in Conquest.
            Its BF3 not COD. I am sure you will be able to fly.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
              This i like the most. Defenders will have to clear the surroundings before trying to disarm. No more MCOMM zombies :D

Its BF3 not COD. I am sure you will be able to fly.
              Um... I know which game this is -_______________- . However, Official Battlefield Twitter account had stated no jets in Rush when someone had asked if they can fly jets in Rush mode. Then they release this new battlelog days after the tweet which brings up questions.

Comment

PLEASE OH PLESAE CAN WE HAS HARDCORE MODE?!!?

plleeeaassseeee?!!?!?

im so excited for this game. can you tell?
                -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

@Demize99 Alan Kertz
                  There are Jets in Rush folks. I wrote that line myself, and I've flown them myself.

Well there you have it folks. This shall be a game changer for Rush. That is for sure. Wonder which jets. Both fighters and bombers or just one type?

Comment

You cannot use explosives or shoot at the M-COM to take it out. Only arm and disarm.
                    This makes me happy. :)

Comment

I like all the changes made to Rush!
                      I think it will make for a more polished experience compared to BC2.
                      "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

The entire sentence reads:

"If the defenders start disarming an M-COM just before itís about to blow, the explosion is prevented until the disarm is accomplished. If the defender gets killed during the disarm process, the M-COM will instantly blow"

It is therefore only if the defenders started defusing it as it was about to blow that it will explode if the defuser is killed. The conclusion would be that the defending team gets additional time to defuse the bomb if they get to it before it explodes. If you are disarming within the original time frame and get killed it would not set off the MCOM.

I am a bit worried about balance of attackers vs defenders on rush with the removal of shoot the MCOM, but it all comes down to map balance, so we will just have to wait and see.

On a side note, looks like I'm one of the few to defend my tags against Lien, or he just thought I was not famous enough.

Comment

Looking forward to some Hardcore mode about a month into the game. Let us get used to how things are different first. I am also wary about the VOIP issue. I really hope they put a lot of effort into getting that working correctly. It's so dang useful for Team/Squad work to function well at least for those of us that care about that.
                          "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                          "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I know VOIP makes it easier being in game but why is it such a important factor for some of you with other services like Ventrillo and Teamspeak. Doesn't TG have a TS server anyways?

Comment

It would be a lot more convenient if SLs could communicate without the hassle of creating whisper lists and such and adding and dropping people since SQ will change on a round basis. Secondly our community is kind of divided between those in favor team wide channels and those that like squad channels at least this how it was in BC2. I can already imagine the chaos in TS channel during 32v32 battle if there is no working in game VOIP.:) Its also a lot easier to recruit new players with an in game VOIP since most do not bother to join TS.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X