Sniper Scoping Adjustments?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper Scoping Adjustments?

I remember they said it would be harder for snipers to quick scope or no scope but I don't think they have done enough. Just watch this montage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_2gF...ayer_embedded#!

Reminds me of Halo 2 with the BXR combo. One hit with plasma gun full charge dropped all your shields then a quick 3 burst shot form the battle rifle almost always guaranteed a successful kill.

If this is how it can be on vanilla I dare not even tread on hardcore servers.

Re: Sniper Scoping Adjustments?

I don't see how this would be a problem, I've done this on every game that I can remember... it's a valid tactic. I actually find it strange that when someone using a sniper upfront gets the first shot and then doesn't switch to his secondary.
    A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

I don't see it as a problem either...in a close range one on one someone with pretty much any other weapon will win, by the time they have a chance to fire and switch weapons they would be dead two times over with BF3's damage model.

The problem with BC2 (and Halo for that matter) was the no-scoping one shot kills where you'd jump a sniper and he'd just point his gun center mass and it became an instant shotgun.

Comment

I'm looking at this on a phone but isn't that alpha footage? Game has been tweaked alot since then

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Oh gee, another WUB WUB DUBSTEP kill montage. How original, Machinima.

As for switching between weapons - I've always been of the opinion that the weapons would be attached at the shoulder via sling. In one swift action... secondary.

Just high speed low drag:

Skud

Comment

Time-to-kill is still way less than AR/SMG/MG so I don't really see it as a problem. In most of those the guy either had the jump on his enemies or had some cover to drop in and out of.
            Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Visser View Post

Reminds me of Halo 2 with the BXR combo. One hit with plasma gun full charge dropped all your shields then a quick 3 burst shot form the battle rifle almost always guaranteed a successful kill.
              Not to get off-topic but I think the BXR combo was when you melee'd, then canceled the animation with the reload button so you could fire instantly point blank into the opponents face so it could be a near instant-kill.

But again I digress, I think an easy way to prevent rampant weapon switching like that would be to add a little animation when pulling out a new weapon, like disengaging the safety.

Comment

but why would you have the safety on in a warzone? people would complain cause they want to switch fast when there primary runs out, and jstu about every kill that sniper get is when the enemy has his back turned to him. We could nail that guy so fast if we were facing him. I dont find problem with it cause he's gonna lose if he's lone wolfign on a Tac. server
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X