Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your BF history here at TG?

I am curious!

POLL ALLOWS MULTIPLE VOTES - Vote your history, not your favorite(s)

Note: It would be preferred you did not vote on an option if you only played it a handful of times.
    Pre - BF2 titles (I'm old)
    6.17%
    Battlefield 2
    21.38%
    Point of Existence 2
    11.05%
    Battlefield 2142
    23.53%
    Project Reality
    14.92%
    Bad Company 2
    21.23%
    BF3 will be my first BF title at TG!
    1.72%
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: What is your BF history here at TG?

I'm willing to take side bets on BF2142... :)
    |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

2142, oh how I miss that game. Haven't touched it since I had to reformat my laptop last month.
      Then I bought BC2 when it was $15 on steam. It runs pretty smoothly on low-medium on my laptop so I'm hoping BF3 runs just as well on low settings!

Comment

i played the 1942 was it? before bf2 than i played bf2 and 2142 was the best!!! than i just got back into bf2 and its awesomeness
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Tactical Gamer was the pinnacle of my BF2 days. I don't quite remember how I came upon the server but I remember how quickly I left. I kept getting kicked. I didn't know why at first until a [TG] member explained it to me in short. Players had to join a squad. From then on I had a home. So many great games with tactics and teamwork. I soon started using my Battlefield 2 mic that came with my pre-order of the game from Gamestop. I remember getting on TS and being part of a great community. I remember there being one damn good pilot with the jets. Viper or something with a V. He was my nemesis. I would get upset sometimes because he was so good but he made the game challenging.

There is one match I shall never forget. It was on Wake Island. I was on the US side. The entire team had not left base. We had formulated a plan ahead of time. We would take any and all water transports (boats,APCs, etc) and traverse the seas as far out as possible. You see BF2 back then could only render so far. The plan was to swing around the back of the island and make our frontal assault at the air base. We tread carefully not making a sound with our guns or on TS. I remember reading the enemy team in All Chat pondering where we were. The entire trip lasted what felt like an eternity. Many of us surely thought we would get spotted. Fortunately for us their jets were swinging around our carrier late in the match. As we begun reaching out destination far north of the map in the waters. We all checked out gear and made sure comms were 5 by 5. I loved the fact that TG was composed of ex and current military and armed forces. I picked up tactics and lingo quickly.

At that point we knew there was no turning back. We pushed foward to the beach head. We would see the steel crosses that prevent anything from heading up. The APCs were to drop off what troops it had then move towards each end point on the island. It was our distraction to take the air base by infantry only. The beach had a hill that covered us as we peered over to point out how many tangos there were in place. I was support. I stayed behind giving Covering Fire to my fellow squad mates as they ran across the open air strip to the buildings for cover. I hear explosions going off in the distance and our engineers were busy taking out their air support. After I got the all clear I headed in land to see of my brothers were alright. I gave them ammo. We then continued with out strategy. The APCs were damaged but returned to pick us up. They took hits just driving around as a distraction. We repaired them in a flash and pushed on. We took that air base in less than 2-3 minutes. The rest of the island in 10. We had pulled off a plan some us thought would no be possible with so many new troops in TG. But we worked together. Kept call. Focused what we said on Comms and most of all followed orders as a squad.

When we had all the points it was over. We spent the rest of the time picking off any stranglers and making sure the enemy could not spawn on their squad leaders. Victory felt great.

I want to say it was a in house match since it was so well coordinated but I am not sure.

I could go so much more into detail but I spare you as I would like to hear your stories and if you have none. Fear not you shall once BF3 comes along and we all play together.

Could we take Wake Island the same way once more? O.o That would be quite interesting.

Comment

I played BF2, but not with TG.

I'll take that bet Daddy...my money is on BC2.

2142 will be close 2nd I think though.

Comment

Played BF2 and 2142, but didn't discover TG until BC2.

Comment

2142, I miss you! see there, it rhymes. that was 3 years ago almost and now I enjoy project reality. I already foresee my addiction to BF3.

Comment

Should have read post before voting ohh well, I found TG through jazy2 who played 2142 I played 2142 the most then played some POE2 and BF2 and quite a bit of BC2 on the TG server.

Comment

I've played BF since 1942, but only bad company 2 here at TG
                    -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Though I date back to BF1942 and played some online BF2. I starting drinking from the TG fountain one fateful evening in February when I stumbled upon the 2142 server, joined a squad and learned TG via crash course, Zhohar style :)

I do believe 2142 will remain the pinnacle for TG ... for now.
                      Imaging a real super kewl 21st signature here

Situational Awareness Deficiency Syndrome
                      It is a serious disease.
                      Please Q-Spot! generously

Yah, I got me medals somewhere around here

Comment

Originally posted by frozenchrome View Post
                        joined a squad and learned TG via crash course, Zhohar style :)

I do believe 2142 will remain the pinnacle for TG ... for now.
                        Same i came to TG in 2142 as well and i think it was zhohar :p
                        and yes 2142=pinnacle of amazingness
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Well, there are tons of BF2 players, that are no longer at TG. It was definitely TG's pinnacle though. Also, alot of the BF2 players moved onto the PR/POE2 mod's and then quite a few stayed playing 2142 when it launched. BF2 really opened the flood gates here.

Comment

Originally posted by Visser View Post
                            I remember there being one damn good pilot with the jets. Viper or something with a V. He was my nemesis. I would get upset sometimes because he was so good but he made the game challenging.
                            There is one match I shall never forget. It was on Wake Island...
                            Dark Viper. As I recall, he's really a pilot now. Or at least in the air force.

Pretty sure the Wake Island match you're referring to was an in-house Tactical Mod scrim with Asch as CO. I was skeptical of his feint plan but god damn it went beautifully. If that wasn't the best game of BF2 I'd ever played, I can't recall a better one. Maybe a Santa CO-ed Mashtuur. Here's an AAR of the match. Hard to believe that was 5 years ago.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...nd-rocked.html

I stumbled across the TG BF2 Demo Server a couple days after release. It was awesome, and one of maybe 6 or 7 servers with reasonable rules that focused on teamwork and had a sufficient population to keep the server consistently populated. It was a good time, and BF2 here really climaxed around the time of that Tac Mod scrim, IMO. Those large matches made the most of the game. Reading the AAR, I remember the Steel Thunder match was similarly epic.

Looking forward to seeing how BF3 plays out. I'm cautiously optimistic that Friends lists, VOIP, and squads will all work at release. Right, EA?
                            Beatnik

Comment

Whoa! Beatnik sighting! Now I'm really stoked!! :D

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X