What is your BF history here at TG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your BF history here at TG?

Started playing Battlefield games since BF 1942 (Desert Combat was amazing). I found the Battlefield 2142 TG server a week after I started playing the game; found myself in one of Zhohar's squads and was, frankly, astounded by how well the squad moved together and accomplished objectives. I kept playing more and more frequently each day and joined the website about a month and a half later. The rest is history :) Played BF 2142 during its glory days, played Bad Company 2 since its inception at TG and plan to start playing BF3 starting from the beta at TG.

Comment

Originally posted by Tac-D View Post
      I got started here with BF2 and 2142. Served a glorious tour with |TG-7th| with a few of the names I've seen here already. Heya Beatnik and Tempus, Mantis, Visser and Drizz! Look forward to playing with you all again. Those years really were the pinnacle of online gaming, so far anyway. We had so many great times, so many tense moments, so many last second wins and losses. BF3 can't get here soon enough!

See you on the battlefield!
      Wow! Can't remember the last time I saw the 7th tag here..

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
        Same i came to TG in 2142 as well and i think it was zhohar :p
        and yes 2142=pinnacle of amazingness
        Zhohar style is for the weak and out of shape!!! Experiment style runs you into the ground! Most of these chaps are from 2142 and I think i used many of them for meat shields!

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
          Wow! Can't remember the last time I saw the 7th tag here..
          Ahem...sig :)

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
            Whoa! Beatnik sighting! Now I'm really stoked!! :D
            Rumor, myth, and propaganda....next you'll be saying you saw Robocop lurking!

Comment

2142.... god how I miss that game....

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
              ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

Found TG through BF2142...cannot wait to find it again with BF3!
                Proud to be Irregular

sigpic

Comment

I'm getting nostalgic reading this....

I played BF2, but was mainly an experiment meat shield. Looking forward to BF3!

Comment

Joined TG after a friend gave me a copy of BF2 in 2005. Shortly thereafter I was invited to join the TG IHS 1stMIP, and trained in advanced tactical movement and communication under John CANavar, the founder of the 1stMIP.

With the 1stMIP I learned the basics of fireteam coordination, fireteam leadership and eventually squad leading.

Also had the privilege of extensive experience as a CO in BF2 and its many mods here at TG. Nothing quite like commanding an army of disciplined TG squads.

We carried a tradition of excellence in teamwork and tactics into POE, PR, and ARMA.

After the 1stMIP disbanded in 2007 I dabbled a bit in 2142 (not my cup of tea) for a while.

Took a leave of absence then rejoined the fight with BF2 in 2010.

Tried, and failed, to establish an IHS squad, TG United Nations, in the BF2 environment.

Will tweak the IHS United Nations concept and see if any are interested in tactical gaming in BC3, old school style.

sigpic

Comment

Whoa havent gamed in years but beta news brought me back here. Started playing here with BF2 and I can still remember some of the people here.

Hopefully I will upgrade my PC soon and see you guys on the battlefield

edit: my avatar needs updating lol
                      Last edited by DrunkenSoul; 09-28-2011, 12:55 PM.

Comment

That avatar is a classic!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I joined TG in 2008 after a friend encouraged me to buy Battlefield 2142. Soon enough, I found Tactical Gamer and later became a supporting member and joined the 11th AIR. Rode out 2142 to the close and skipped on to the BC2 train with the 70th and joined the admin team.

I can't wait for the full BF3 to come out!

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
                            my avatar needs updating lol
                            I love seeing these old IHS avatars and sigs, and all the old TGers from when (or even before) I was a TG newbie.
                            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Played BF:BC2 until Tllyx and I started playing Starcraft 2.

Comment

I played 2142 off and on when I was a wee little squirt but always remembered the TG server as the one that actually used voip. After a long 4-5 years of GW I decided to come back to FPS's and played BF2142 in its last couple of months, finally deciding to stick with TG because I loved the way the squad leadership actually made an impact on the server. For about a week straight I played at odd hours where the only TG guys I could find on were DocGuo or Oz, but I always found it interesting that whenever one of the two would log on, their sqaud would always dominate the map and they used teamwork that I had never found outside hardcore GW PvP before. I then hopped on with the beta in BC2 and stayed TG all the way, joining a bunch of drunk bozos known as the 21st a year and a half ago.

Former TG-21st
                                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X