No announcement yet.

How much interest is there in BF3 Rush?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much interest is there in BF3 Rush?

Science touched on something in another thread that has been on my mind. I am looking to find out what type of demand there will be for this mode in BF3. I am quite sure conquest will be the top dog due to the higher player count. I am also quite sure most players would at minimum like to play BF3 Rush for variety.(along with the other modes) What I am not sure about is how many dedicated Rush players there are out there.

Are there players out there that would play Rush almost exclusively? You would seed it and not be tempted away by a more active 64 player Conquest server?

(Anonymous poll attached)
    Back to my roots - large scale conquest only
    29.03%
    Conquest would be my primary but I would play Rush now and then if seeded
    58.06%
    I like Rush and would play it often but would likely not seed if empty
    11.83%
    I was born to Rush. I would seed a TG server most days I play
    1.08%
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: How much interest is there in BF3 Rush?

Perhaps a miXed mode server that has 32 player conquest and rush?
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

64 player conquest

32 player conquest/rush

24 player team death match

max allowed per game mode?
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Correct

+ 16 player Squad DM
        + 8 Player Squad Rush
        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

im jsut a hardcore conquest guy :) although i never played rush except once and i didn't like it :/ like multiple bomb S&D and ive had enough of COD. I feel like rush requires less teamwork idk though :p
          and im sorry namebot, teamdeath match is 0 teamwork
          and greasy mullet WE NEED 64 players :D :D
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

64 player conquest is where its at. I would never even consider 32 player rush (or 64 player for that matter) when there is an option to play 64 player conquest.

Comment

Still remains to be seen how rush plays in BF3... but for me the main appeal for me would be in planned events where I think it could be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Amplitudo View Post
                64 player conquest is where its at. I would never even consider 32 player rush (or 64 player for that matter) when there is an option to play 64 player conquest.
                can i marry you? :D lol
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I don't think I am alone in saying that the vast majority of my time at the start of BF3 will be spent in conquest 64 mode, but I am not ruling rush out completely. A couple of nights ago, the BC2 server was stuck on conquest maps and it felt like I became bored much quicker than usual. I think having a rush or mixed mode night could be fun, and it would create some pretty epic battles since all 32 slots would probably be full of TG'ers.

Comment

I will more than likely play them all.. Of course 64 player conquest is what we all really want. I do think that Rush can be played with great teamwork, if it is a requirement!

I also agree with di1lweed, that TDM is not a teamwork game mode, it is about the baddest mofos on the map flanking the wanabe campers on the other team and spawn raping the enemy until the enemy cried and left the server. Trust me, it is what happened on my CoD4 server on a nightly basis. It will definitely thin the heard.
                    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                    E Pluribus Unum
                    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by Amplitudo View Post
                      ^^

This.

Comment

I am a 64 player conquest kind of guy, I was just suggesting if we do a rush server then mix it with the 32 player conquest. I enjoy mixing things up but really it may be a while until I venture into rush since I am looking forward to having 64 players again.
                        Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Ask me after the BETA. :D

seriously though
                          -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

I don't see how it's going to be feasible to do mixed mode 32 player rush and 64 conquest on the same server. I would play rush though, but I'll probably be fine with 64 conquest ;)

Comment

Personally I like the variety of having rush and conquest together, I think its a shame they couldn't make it work for 64 players.

I know I'll venture towards whatever server is currently populated with the people I want to play with and/or where I think I'll get the best games. If it turns out that 64 conquest is the clear main server I wouldn't mind a night dedicated to rush for a nice change of pace.

No idea how practical it is from a scripting perspective, but I think it would be great if we could set the server up that its is rush when there are less than 32 players on, then switches to 64 conquest once we break that threshold.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X