Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's have fun with this beta and see what teamwork we can get going ;)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's have fun with this beta and see what teamwork we can get going ;)

the beta is on 29th (or 27th for some)

this is the game that many of us are anticipating, even buying new rigs for

some have played metro in the alpha, many of us will get ours hands on BF3 for the first time

... so lets have fun

and lets see what teamwork we can get going ... TG style ! :)

Re: Let's have fun with this beta and see what teamwork we can get going ;)

...or bf3, you know what I mean.
    sigpic

Comment

Indeed. I am excited for squads getting together and kickin butt.

I want to start a tips and tricks thread for the beta on the 27th so that we can share the knowledge and get players up to speed faster by the time it's in full swing on the 29th.
      -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

the website "battlelog" is where the browser is (you launch the game from there)
        It has a feature where 4 of you can group together and join a server all at once, we need to test that to see if you go into the same squad and if you can choose the server you join

DICE has put some teamplay tools in there, we need to test them out

Comment

oh i didn't know that! That's awesome!

A soon as we know how soldier names/origin names/battlelog names are going to work we should start a thread sharing the pertinent info so that members can be added all quicklike.
          -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

If we really want to streamline testing, it's best to come up with a list of things we want to try (test cases), have several of us try it out, and post our results. It'll give us a more clear understanding of what works, what we can workaround, and what we need to mention.

Comment

Originally posted by glycerin View Post
              oh i didn't know that! That's awesome!

A soon as we know how soldier names/origin names/battlelog names are going to work we should start a thread sharing the pertinent info so that members can be added all quicklike.
              I got this from EA Support

"How do I change my in-game soldier name?
              A key part of the Battlefield 3 experience is the social features and ranking provided by Battlelog. In order to keep things clear between your identity on Battlelog, your Origin friends list, and your in-game identity - the game uses your Origin ID as your soldier name. This ensures that the players you socialize with in Battlelog are identifiable in-game."

http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5394

From what I gathered ones master ea id is their origin ID and it says that it cannot be changed. I was upset because my origin id is not the name I play with. But after chatting with EA support I was able to change my master EA ID which seemed to change my origin ID, provided the master EA ID is available "(my first choice was not :(".

I do not think that this was the best move, but if it helps keep that stats from blowing up like BC2 then I will not complain

Comment

I agree with Brokeback, we should prepare to see what the final build of the game plays like and begin adapting then. It is nice to see people actually being positive for once.

#firstworldproblems

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I'd like to request that in the bf3 beta teamspeak channel all users have access to change the description.

This way we can edit the description to list which servers we are playing in even if an admin isn't around.

Comment

More beta info:

FROM: POST http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...l#post19913230

EA UK THREAD: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...right-now.html

UNCONFIRMED
                    but it is from a chat on TS with gamm4 and zh1nt0 with the german gaming community. Read the thread for more details.

to summarize the parts relevant to this thread:

- between 2-3k giga beta client
                    - battlelog can be updated without patching the game so we can get new stuff faster
                    - no level limit @ beta
                    - autoheal on all vehicules after 10-15sec
                    - cant join as a squad if team is full so battlelog groups dont get split
                    - no jet bombs
                    - Spawnsystem is different from the MDO's not the same spawn in TDM and conquest /rush
                    - Battlelog application for iphone
                    - e-sport is a Focus for Bf3 ( i loled at that one.. ^^ )
                    - battlelog will unlock beta on client so no keys for Pre-order if you have origin order + moh
                    - unlocks are for WEAPONS not for classes you cant unlock red dot on gun1 and use it on gun 2
                    - Preload infos will ocn in a few days
                    - Esport features WILL come
                    - Metro got changed thats why they want to test balance again
                    - You can not change the posters in game to make clan publicity
                    - You have more then 1 knife animation , from behing , on the ground you can NOT counter knife
                    - Beta will not start at 00:00
                    - You can not UPDATE alpha client you need a full DL
                    - you can join with friends on a server .
                    - Friendly fire is On default settings
                    - mod tools are still CONSIDERED
                    - you can not cook grenades
                    - Vehecules autoregeneration ONLY under 75%^^
                    - Ranked servers can be changed to unranked but same price
                    - bf3 for XBOX will be in the MARKETPLACE no DATE
                    - When you get kicked you can see the reason in the Battleblog
                    - there will be more infos the next weeks
                    - some comunity events are gonne come during beta

Remember, this is all translated from german over Teamspeak, so info can change/be mistranslated!

As was said earlier, we will be able to make a squad in battlelog and join a game as a squad which is very cool IMHO. i worry about team balance, but only a little.

Comment

- Friendly fire is On default settings
                      :)

I'm giddy w/ excitement.

Comment

- no level limit @ beta
                        I expect at least one of you to lock yourself in your house to get to level "over 9000" and kill us all with your gold, laser-guided RPG-Gustav with flash supressor, attached shotgun and x8 ACOG.

- Preload infos will ocn in a few days
                        Sweet.

- When you get kicked you can see the reason in the Battleblog
                        Will be good for our server if we're kicking for lack of teamwork/reserved slot.
                        Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

thos info is awesome, but the i dont even get what "battlelog" is, so how would you make a squad with it? u'd have to make it before the game starts?
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                            thos info is awesome, but the i dont even get what "battlelog" is, so how would you make a squad with it? u'd have to make it before the game starts?
                            Battlelog is like a Facebook page that tracks your stats. It is like your current soldier page where you check your veteran status. What you are used to is booting up the game, going through menus, then joining a server. Well BF3 works with you Starting Origin which then pops up your browser and you log into Battlelog with it. From there you see all your friends, look for servers, etc. Then when you are ready to play it launches the game which goes straight into the server. If you think it may seem like a dumb way to do it but it is no different than how games does it today. At least in code and programming wise. Visually it will seem like you are doing a lot outside of game to play. But trust me. It is very quickly how the game starts and it is not resource heavy. Since you are not loading a game and its entirety just to look for a server it is faster and focuses your resources soley on the game engine than have it be on standy by. (It's hard to explain but trust me ;)

I am currently on a C2D E8500, 4gb DDR2, and a 260 GTX. The alpha booted and played well on my rig.

Comment

ok, thank you so much visser :p thats helped alot.

edit: was reading some stuff and said voice with friends over battlelog which could potentialy fix voip? also, this is opinion and is not real, but i would be nice if there was a in game browser so you could change ur squad in between each map if u wanted, plus couldnt un only squad with ur friends than? :/
                              Last edited by di1lweed1212; 09-20-2011, 10:41 PM.
                              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X