Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF3 VOIP - Has it been confirmed? DICE @TomasDanko says no but @Demize99 says yes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 VOIP - Has it been confirmed? DICE @TomasDanko says no but @Demize99 says yes?

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3...es_tomasdanko/

Re: BF3 VOIP - Has it been confirmed? DICE @TomasDanko says no but @Demize99 says yes

Ehr, there's some confusion there, as they say on Reddit, TomasDanko is talking about positional VOIP not being included.

VOIP is supposed to be in in some form, how and if it works remains to be seen.

Comment

Re: BF3 VOIP - Has it been confirmed? DICE @TomasDanko says no but @Demize99 says yes

GAHHHH i just want to know!! lol 5 more days until all our speculations are destroyed XD
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Positional would certainly be nice, but that's the first I have heard that rumour!

Comment

I read the following in the latest issue of game informer:

Q: Have you figured out a way to allow more than just the four player squad chat together?
          A: We have, and will allow you the ability to toggle and speak to your squad or the whole team.

from producer patrick bach.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I hope we can disable that, depending on your position in the squad. There is absolutely no need for a random squad member to have the ability to talk to the entire team. At least some VoIP works so far....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
              I hope we can disable that, depending on your position in the squad. There is absolutely no need for a random squad member to have the ability to talk to the entire team. At least some VoIP works so far....
              Now that Voip works in Red Orchestra, I have run across servers that the "Team chat" is freaking annoying!!!! You get people on there who blah blah the whole game and you CANNOT mute them! This problem may be solved on our own servers, but it is a huge mistake to include it IMHO.

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

I haven't had any trouble muting them. Team wide chat can be appealing to bothersome people though that is true.
                |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

They should ditch teamwide and go with SL-SL voip, makes more sense seeing as there will be no commander. TS/mumble/ventrillo etc. can be used for Teamwide Voip.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
                    They should ditch teamwide and go with SL-SL voip, makes more sense seeing as there will be no commander. TS/mumble/ventrillo etc. can be used for Teamwide Voip.
                    What if we have TS be our sl to sl channel? Then the game handles all chat and squad chat!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                      What if we have TS be our sl to sl channel? Then the game handles all chat and squad chat!
                      It's an option to consider alright, but it would be a lot more accesable if the game and battlelog handle all the swapping of channels and placing people into the right squad comms and placing the leaders in their own channel while still being able to talk to their squad all running in the background, but as you say using TS is always an option.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X