Nvidia preparing special drivers for Battlefield 3 beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia preparing special drivers for Battlefield 3 beta

The Battlefield 3 beta is less than a week away, and graphics card maker Nvidia revealed to us that they plan to release brand new, custom drivers just in time for the Battlefield 3 beta. The new, Battlefield 3-specific GeForce drivers are set to arrive on September 26, a day ahead of the beta release. The drivers will make sure the game (beta) runs smooth with no driver incompatibilities, something which happened with the Bad Company 2 beta last year.
    The new drivers will also make sure the beta can take full advantage of Nvidia hardware, with the ability to max out features such as Tesselation. The drivers will also bring better performance across the board on Nvidia GeForce graphics cards.
    We dunno if AMD will follow suit with their own set of drivers optimized for Battlefield 3. The beta starts on September 27 for those with early access, and on September 29 for everyone else.
    Nvidia preparing special drivers for Battlefield 3 beta

Great to have a Nvidia card right now, hopefully AMD matches this move.
    A.E.K.Δ.B.

Re: Nvidia preparing special drivers for Battlefield 3 beta

Sure is good of them to do that, but do not forget that EA and Nvidia are business partners, AMD may follow their example just to save face but they are under no obligation to do so apart from the fact that a lot of people bought new cards to play the game. ;)

Comment

The way I look at it, it's a complete business move... and a smart business move at that. Many people are waiting still to upgrade their systems based on performance benchmarks of Battlefield 3 and the Beta will no doubt play a lot like the final release. If a lot of people start seeing that Nvidia is beating AMD by a decent enough margin during the Beta then people will be swayed to upgrade to a Nvidia card by the time it releases.
      A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

It sure is a good business move, it is also a good business move to create a graphically intense game. ;)

I am one of those people waiting to play the game to see how well it runs, if it runs on medium to high settings then I will be happy with that. :)

Comment

Well Nvidia cards and the game will be optimised to run on Nvidia cards, of course it also depends on the system running the card as a lot of work will be done by the CPU including audio.

EDIT: This post was in response to a post I think was deleted.
          Last edited by MrMojay; 09-23-2011, 06:39 PM. Reason: a post was deleted?

Comment

Those drivers are already out, they're the current beta ones.

Comment

Looks like AMD are doing the same.

http://www.rage3d.com/index.php?cat=75#newsid33981970
              Last edited by MrMojay; 09-24-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

GeForce 285.27 Driver (BETA)

Version: 285.27 BETA
                Release Date: 2011.09.13
                Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit
                Language: English (U.S.)
                File Size: 147 MB
                Nothing in the release notes at all about Battlefield 3 that I can see. Does say there is a 5% increase in performance for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with SLI though. Kilrogg has the insider information.
                "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Yeah, 6 core amd and SLIed Nvidias....life is sweet:)

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Originally posted by experiment626 View Post
                    Yeah, 6 core amd and SLIed Nvidias....life is sweet:)
                    Sure is swell being fabulously wealthy, eh? Though if I were to complain, these diamond slippers are a bit tight.

;)
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
                      GeForce 285.27 Driver (BETA)

Nothing in the release notes at all about Battlefield 3 that I can see. Does say there is a 5% increase in performance for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with SLI though. Kilrogg has the insider information.
                      I tried 285 beta drivers last week: BC2 crashed after 15 min. Could be my system, but going back to latest non beta fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
                        Nice. Hopefully I can at least play it on Medium @ 1920 x 1200 with my HD5830.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
                          Those drivers are already out, they're the current beta ones.
                          Well... this contradicts your statement.

Both drivers are set to be released next week, a day ahead of the beta which drops on September 27.
                          Source

...and considering that Nvidia didn't mention it in the latest Beta patch notes, I'm gonna go with that they will be released next week.
                          A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

They'll be 'released' aka made into the current drivers and not the beta ones. Either way it doesn't matter.

Comment

http://bf3blog.com/2011/09/amd-relea...-beta-as-well/

AMD will be doing the same. Thank god. Wouldn't want these 6970s going to waste.

|TG| Eudiphon

sigpic
                              "But in contemplating history as the slaughter-bench at which the happiness of peoples, the wisdom
                              of states, and the virtue of individuals have been sacrificed, a question necessarily arises:
                              To what principle, to what final purpose, have these monstrous sacrifices been offered?"
                              - G.W.F. Hegel Reason in History

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X