Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Download Location for Pre-ordered BF3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Download Location for Pre-ordered BF3

    I must be overlooking the obvious but I cannot determine where my perordered BC3 game will be made available -- at my ORIGN account (the new EA member interface) or my EA store account (ea.com). I prepurchased the game through EA.

    I see BF3 listed in my Origin account list of MY GAMES (as unreleased), and assume that as of tomorrow I will see a new link here for downloading -- is this correct?

    I do not see any unlock code or other code in my online EA invoice for BF3 -- which is troubling.

    18 hrs, 55 min.
    sigpic

  • #2
    re: Download Location for Pre-ordered BF3

    Download and install the Origin desktop app. The download button for BF3 is currently disabled.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by E-Male View Post
      I must be overlooking the obvious but I cannot determine where my perordered BC3 game will be made available -- at my ORIGN account (the new EA member interface) or my EA store account (ea.com). I prepurchased the game through EA.

      I see BF3 listed in my Origin account list of MY GAMES (as unreleased), and assume that as of tomorrow I will see a new link here for downloading -- is this correct?

      I do not see any unlock code or other code in my online EA invoice for BF3 -- which is troubling.

      18 hrs, 55 min.
      You will get an instructional email in the next 24 hrs. Follow that to get the beta

      Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

      Comment


      • #4
        re: Download Location for Pre-ordered BF3

        Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
        Download and install the Origin desktop app. The download button for BF3 is currently disabled.
        Thanks.

        I assume this is my Origin desktop app. The Holy Grail can be seen in the lower left hand corner.

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          re: Download Location for Pre-ordered BF3

          Yes, thats the actual pre-order....the beta has nothing to do with that and is ran as a separate item. You will also get battlelog with the Beta as well.....that will be your server browser, stats, Voice, and friends list as well. The friends list carries over from origin to battlelog so you shouldn't have to add all the contacts twice.
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Download Location for Pre-ordered BC3

            From the Beta site

            WHERE DO I GET THE BETA?
            ON PC, IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR IN THE ORIGIN APPLICATION'S FREE GAMES PAGE.
            HOW DO I INSTALL THE BETA?
            ON PC, YOU FIRST INSTALL THE ORIGIN CLIENT (DIRECT DOWNLOAD, ~50MB: WWW.ORIGIN.COM/DOWNLOAD ) AND THEN INSTALL THE BETA FROM WITHIN THE ORIGIN CLIENT. MORE DETAILS WILL BE AVAILABLE HERE BEFORE THE BETA STARTS.
            IS ORIGIN REQUIRED TO PLAY THE BETA?
            FOR PC, ORIGIN WILL BE USED TO DISTRIBUTE THE BETA INSTALLATION AND RUN THE GAME AND THEREFORE NECESSARY TO PLAY.
            Presumably the email will have more detailed information though.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Download Location for Pre-ordered BF3

              It's supposed to show up under the free games directory. I'm assuming the one under the store tab.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Download Location for Pre-ordered BF3

                It may be too early, but there is no beta showing in my Origin desktop app. No email from EA.

                My EA purchase record (12/02/11) indicates:

                Product SKU: 71067
                Product Name: Battlefield 3™ Limited Edition (Pre-Ordered)
                Anticipated Released Date: null
                Qty Ordered: 1
                Amount: $59.95

                Yet the Origin desktop app gives NO indication of the fact that my purchase came with access to the Beta release.

                Very annoying system.

                I'll see what tomorrow brings.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Download Location for Pre-ordered BF3

                  Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                  It may be too early, but there is no beta showing in my Origin desktop app. No email from EA.

                  My EA purchase record (12/02/11) indicates:

                  Product SKU: 71067
                  Product Name: Battlefield 3 Limited Edition (Pre-Ordered)


                  patience young grasshopper.....when the game arrives you must be one with the rifle.
                  Anticipated Released Date: null
                  Qty Ordered: 1
                  Amount: $59.95

                  Yet the Origin desktop app gives NO indication of the fact that my purchase came with access to the Beta release.

                  Very annoying system.

                  I'll see what tomorrow brings.
                  patience young grasshopper.....once the game arrives you must become one with the rifle.
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

                  Comment

                  Connect

                  Collapse

                  TeamSpeak 3 Server

                  Collapse

                  Advertisement

                  Collapse

                  Twitter Feed

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X