BF3 Developer Diary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] BF3 Developer Diary

Put all Tweets, quotes, interviews, forum posts etc from EA/DICE in this thread please.

We have wayyyy too many threads for individual statements by publisher/devs. This is the new one stop shop.
    Last edited by Skud; 09-27-2011, 03:47 PM.
    Skud

I want to believe @zh1nt0. Possible Caspian Border Beta Update

"If things go the way they are intended today, Iīve got a nice surprise for my PC forum family tomorrow. "

Source:http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-map-list.html

Thoughts?

It would make sense how there is new Jet and Caspian Border gameplay on youtube with the BETA watermark.

I hope he isn't pulling a fast one on us.

Comment

Re: I want to believe @zh1nt0. Possible Caspian Border Beta Update

If you check 5+ in the server browser, you can see locked EA test servers running Caspian.

EDIT: Ha, now they are gone.
      Do or do not, there is no try....
      -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Before we get all hyped up and then terribly disappointed... @zh1nt0, Dice, and EA haven't said anything about Caspian being included. In fact the site says that it's for internal testing only.

If that's false and we get to play Caspian, great!

But I can just see the rage tomorrow if zh1nt0 announces that we're all getting free ice cream instead...

Comment

Yeah, I saw a few caspian servers running earlier today, but no clue if we will get in. Rush has bored me already and I have had the beta for an hour.........

Comment

I did mention there was a surprise in the PC version of the beta...

Comment

Kilrogg, please tell me this is true. I want to tell my friends but I won't mentioned at all where or whom I hear it from. PM me? ;)

Comment

troll!

:)

Comment

Heck yeah!

Comment

It would be awesome if they did, but I'm not getting my hopes up...

you know... how about they just get enough servers running for people to be able to play... that would be nice :(

Its only limited beta and there is still a 10 min cue to get in a game....

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
                    ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

Re: BF3 Developer Diary

Its possible, but requires plenty of persistence with requests to get into the server, and of course knowing the password. Really fun map that will destroy modest vid cards, and very reminiscent of the old BF2 map. Long flag cap times on points of medium cover to no cover.
                      Beatnik

Comment

Dice has their own platoon on battlelog. Looking around there are a few that are active in the forums there but no where near the info that comes out of twitter. Collectively I'm not sure I saw more than 100 posts from the last four days. Any forum post shows up in their battlefeed.

Zhinto
                        Bazajaytee
                        JBRipley
                        repi
                        JoeGrant

Doesn't look like you can link a specific post in a thread - just the thread itself.

Info

Originally posted by Baza on terrain glitching
                        The issue is known and is caused by the terrain deformation. We are currently working on a fix to get into the BETA as soon as possible.
                        http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...1518948316274/

Originally posted by Baza on party joins in beta
                        Party/Squads isn't working as intended in the BETA.
                        Join a server and have friends join on you.

It is unlikely to be fixed during the BETA as the game team are working on the main game.
                        http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4925938804387/

Originally posted by Baza on caspain pw changing often
                        zh1nt0 changes the password every day so new players get a chance to try it, the servers are always full as it is :)
                        http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...1518948475480/

Originally posted by repi on hud issues at high resolutions
                        There are HUD placement bugs with high and super wide resolutions in the Beta. has been fixed for the final game
                        http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...1518944668152/

Originally posted by Zhinto on why the LAV is gone on metro
                        We removed it for gameplay purposes. Itīs a design choice.
                        http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...1518944883166/
                        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Caspian border testing is now over.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...1894086251181/

Itīs been 3 days full of win!
                          Thank you everyone who participated in testing Caspian Border with us during the Open Beta. We of course cherish and appreciate the time you have put into supplying is with good feedback. We will of course read it through and discuss it internally.

Testing has now been completed and we are shutting down the Caspian Border servers.
                          Skud

Comment

^^ Drats !

|

Comment

" Originally Posted by Baza on party joins in beta
                              Party/Squads isn't working as intended in the BETA.
                              Join a server and have friends join on you.

It is unlikely to be fixed during the BETA as the game team are working on the main game."

Thank god!
                              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X