Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for those in the beta

1) How do VOIP channels work

VOIP only works if you created your squad in Battlelog prior to joining the server. I don't know what the plan is for launch (judging from interviews people have posted there might be actual BF2/BC2 style VOIP in the full game).

2) How does spawning work for SL's/SM's? Can anyone spawn on anyone (BC2 style)?

BC2 style spawn system (any squad member can spawn on any other living squad member) plus you can spawn on a deployable spawn-beacon.

3) Is there a minimum arming distance for GL's/RPGs?

4) Does jump-throwing C4/nades/medpacks/ammo make them go super-human distances?

Medpacks/Ammo are dropped not thrown. Nades/C4 TBD

5) While in game can you create a squad and join any squad of your choosing?

In the beta (since it's a month-old build) you cannot. You have to use the 'join squad' button which joins a random squad. But you can create a squad and join as a squad in Battlelog.

6) What's a "Platoon" in battlelog - is it like a steamgroup?

Pretty much. You can be a member of multiple platoons and you pick a primary.

7) Can you change your soldier name?

Not in the Beta. Soldier name = Origin ID

... add your own question
    Last edited by WhiskeySix; 09-28-2011, 10:26 AM. Reason: my new favorite color is goldenrod <snicker>

Re: Questions for those in the beta

I don't have anything to add to that but I do have a little bit of info to provide regarding performance. Someone on Reddit mentioned they were getting 60-80 fps on Ultra at 1920x1080 on a single 580. Now it has been declared that Ultra is not a 100 percent in the beta. They lowered the quality to keep the client small. I haven't gotten my code yet but I plan to test my system at work (i7-2600k, 8gb RAM, 570 gtx) and hope to get similar results.

Once I get or find answers for your question Whiskey I'll be sure to post it up.

Comment

Beta people who answer questions - if you were in the alpha please say how it is different to the alpha, both for specific questions and overall. Thanks!
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Hmmm, for some reason I don't seem to have the Beta in my Origin..........yet I preordered with Origin months ago?

Comment

join the club
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Just figured it out. Check your email first, they emailed this morning and you enter the code and away you go! :)

Comment

While in game can you create a squad and join any squad of your choosing? Sounds obvious but I am reading on other forms you can not. You can only joins random squad or leave the squad. Somebody please confirm.
              Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

How can I create a new soldier? I have Battlelog going, but the game is still downloading. Do I need the game to create a soldier?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                  1) How do VOIP channels work

2) How does spawning work for SL's/SM's

3) Is there a minimum arming distance for GL's/RPGs?

4) Does jump-throwing C4/nades/medpacks/ammo make them go super-human distances?

5) While in game can you create a squad and join any squad of your choosing?

6) What's a "Platoon" in battlelog - is it like a steamgroup?
                  1) VOIP only works if you created your squad in Battlelog prior to joining the server. I don't know what the plan is for launch (judging from interviews people have posted there might be actual BF2/BC2 style VOIP in the full game).

2) Supposed to be the same system of SMs spawning on SLs, SLs spawning on SMs, as far as I know. Might be broken in this build.

3) Yes, but the grenade projectile still does damage if you hit someone with it directly.

4) Definitely not med/ammo packs. Haven't tried C4.

5) In the beta (since it's a month-old build) you cannot. You have to use the 'join squad' button which joins a random squad. But you can create a squad and join as a squad in Battlelog.

6) Pretty much. You can be a member of multiple platoons and you pick a primary.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectNA View Post
                    How can I create a new soldier? I have Battlelog going, but the game is still downloading. Do I need the game to create a soldier?
                    You don't create a soldier. Your soldier name is your Origin name.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
                      Swear I've seen multiple soldiers in screen shots for the game. Or maybe its a "profile".

Comment

Yeah there is a profile thingy. But my ingame still comes up as JeepoUK which is annoying.

1) VOIP only works if you created your squad in Battlelog prior to joining the server. I don't know what the plan is for launch (judging from interviews people have posted there might be actual BF2/BC2 style VOIP in the full game).
                        If that works then the single biggest failure of this game is gone, and I for one would be a very happy person.

I have been unable to test this as I think it wiped my friends list from the Alpha blank, and I have not yet added anyone else, so am unable to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post
                          Is one soldier a Beta limitation? Can we have more in the full game? Will their in-game names also be the same as our Origin names?

There's so much ambiguous information on the naming thing. Even the Battlelog screens mention "Soldiers" in plural as well as show "Active Soldier" at the top.

Edit: Don't want to derail the beta Q/A thread, would just be good to get some clarification.

Comment

As far as I know the multiple soldiers thing is only if you buy the game on multiple platforms. My test battlelog account has my X360, PS3 and PC soldier on it, hence why you may have seen screenshots of multiple soldiers on one Battlelog account (since people can use the same EA account on multiple PSN/Xbox LIVE profiles).

For PC it's different, it just uses your Origin name. I believe it's been confirmed long ago that it's how it's going to be.

Comment

Will we be able to "tag" our battle log names in game even?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X