BF3 In Game Map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 In Game Map

It seems that it is not possible to see more than a fraction of the map at a time while in game.

The mini-map is great. However, there is no "maxi" map. Hitting the M key brings up a larger map - however the area it shows is the same as that on the mini-map.
    If you hit esc you get to see a bit more of the map on the deploy screen. Still, it's a far cry from the whole map like we used to have in BC2, 2142, and BF2.

Does anyone have any info on the in game map? Is it an unfinished feature or is this all that we get? Maybe it's already in the beta and I just cannot find it?

Re: BF3 In Game Map

Just like in BF2, hit N to zoom in/out the map.

I think the minimaps in general are pretty terrible looking and therefore not very useful =[

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post

I think the minimaps in general are pretty terrible looking and therefore not very useful =[
      Awesome, I loved the N zoom in BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg View Post

N works!

Comment

I really think the map is just awful looking. It needs transparency options, badly. The only thing I can think that they were going for, is some sleek design where you can leave it up, and still continue to play at the same time.

Comment

Yes, it's terrible and not an effective tool. I hope it's changed.
            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
            "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
            - Check me out on The Onion
            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

When flying on bf1942 I would have a fully transparent map, at max size. For bombing purposes, don't remember if this was possible in bf2.

Comment

It was possible in BF2. You just set the opacity of the map to 85 to 90 or there abouts and you looked through the map to fly or navigate.
                If BF3 does not have a large map like BF2 then seeing the entire theater to plan actions is going to be tough.

Will someone who can get on Caspian or has been on that map verify if there is more than just the tiny Minimap? Rush might not have a large map.
                "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

2 things I miss about the minimap: adjustable transparency and the ability to have a static minimap.

Comment

I decide to spawn based on the entire map layout - what flags do we hold, what are they holding, and what are they likely to attack next.
                    The fact that I can't see the entire BF3 map on Caspian (even after pressing m to bring up a larger version of the minimap and spamming n to zoom out) makes strategical decisions like this near impossible.
                    DICE, please, please give us a full map of the battlefield. It would be really nice if this was on the spawn screen.

Speaking of the map, the flag names need to be prefixed with their alpha designations. I spent a good part of my first Caspian experience learning that D is Checkpoint and B is Hilltop. Not cool.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X