This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed TG BF3 Server Rule of Engagement

Any TK that involves a flashlight shined in a friendly face should not count as a TK.

We will see too many jerks running around with their flashlights on and blinding any friendlies in the area.

Shine a light in my face and I will shoot you.
    sigpic

Re: Proposed TG BF3 Server Rule of Engagement

This will be more detrimental than helpful on the TG server and to me, goes against the spirit of TG.

Comment

Can we wait for the retail version before this garbage starts, meaing rules and changing the game - that garbage.

Also to Emale- deal with it, TK is a no go, the pros of the flash light does outway your personal feelings

I usually just ignore anything you do here at TG but saying you will intentionally TK people, seriously weak.

Comment

I think any TK should be considered as a TK, regardless of the method or intention. Like any other tool or weapon, it's the user's responsibility to know when to use it and when not to. If he's in an area with multiple friendlies, he should be aware that along with the benefit of blinding his enemies, he's susceptible to being fired upon with a higher likelihood, both enemy and friendly.

On the flipside, I think it's our responsibility as teammates to increase situational awareness. We need to recognize friendly from foe, and not just shoot at any player who blinds you (intentional or accidental).

Comment

Originally posted by LordMeatwad View Post
          Can we wait for the retail version before this garbage starts, meaing rules and changing the game - that garbage.

Also to Emale- deal with it, TK is a no go, the pros of the flash light does outway your personal feelings

I usually just ignore anything you do here at TG but saying you will intentionally TK people, seriously weak.
          +rep, for the entirety of this post!

So, correct if I'm wrong here, but, if I'm hearing you right, you want me to follow you around with a flashlight because you can't see very well? K, I'm on it!

Comment

Maybe instead of saying you will shoot them, just a nice warning of, "If you are stupid enough to keep your flashlight on all the time, or at least when you aren't moving toward the enemy there is a possibility you will be laying on the floor and hope that person is a medic to revive you." =P

Comment

Originally posted by LordMeatwad View Post

^ This. All of this.

What ever happened to politely (more or less) saying "turn that thing off"?

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

No disrespect E-Male, but this is the wrong way to go about this. While some may share your frustration with the flashlight (including myself), this doesn't represent the way forward on rule discussions here at TG. Thread closed. Use the CAA or PM me directly if desired.

Comment

I believe E-Male's post was meant tongue-in-cheek, but yeah, it's too early to start talking about these things. Let's revisit the issue when the final is out.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X