Squad Leaders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Leaders

So are there squad leaders in this game? I have seen their existence referenced multiple times in different news items but they are not in beta. Also what do they do? I saw something about them being able to call in artillery strikes but is that it?

Re: Squad Leaders

The entire squad system is totally fubar... and working as appearently intended. I am really frustrated by the gimping and removal of more staple features of battlefield.
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy Mullet View Post
      The entire squad system is totally fubar... and working as appearently intended. I am really frustrated by the gimping and removal of more staple features of battlefield.
      Actually I don't think its working as intended...I don't have time to look it up but I know they've promised at least a BC2 level of squad customization (ie locking, joining etc).

As far as spawning goes...they seemed to have changed it from alpha, it could go either way (or be a server-side option)

SLrs currently don't do much, though eventually they'll be able to unlock some stuff to do more. Originally and in alpha players could only spawn on the SL.

Comment

So I found this:

"We’ve decided to push down the responsibility of the commander to the squad leaders who can set orders and strategize. The entire team can use the different communication tools available, spot enemies etc. – KM @L_TWIN"

So from what I gather this is what SL can do
        - Set orders for their squad.
        - Unlock SL only abilities like atry strike and a flak jacket.
        - It is still unclear if SL only spawn will be a server side option or not.

What would help the best is to get an easy way to set up squad voip. Although I do not think there is an easy way to do this atm

http://battlefieldo.com/squad-leader...battlefield-3/

Comment

For a game following in the teamwork of BF2, I don't understand how they can get their priorities so wrong with the teamwork elements of the game, like SL's, CO's, comma rose, the map, VOIP, squads etc.....

Comment

I was in a party last night with some friends and we all used the party voice chat and it worked well, but we could not squad up together, the join as party system just does not work, it also excludes public players from experiencing what it's like to be in a well co-ordinated, communicating squad.

Leave squad and find squad does not work either, most of the time it just puts you back in the same squad.

There were times I was top of the squad list but there was no star by my name and I could not give attack and defend orders on the mcoms (Q spot)

Comment

I too am hoping the SL thing gets worked out. That's why the beta feels so weird to me. It's basically just me running around on my own. Even with TS going, it doesn't feel the same. Sure, no worse than BC2, and people can spawn on me, but this game is set up to be so much more (maps, cover, etc.) and we may not attain it w/out some of these key things (VoIP included).

But I love the game so far.

Comment

So this was in the patch notes

"* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times."

what is EOR? and I was not aware there was even a squad lead to lose?

Comment

Also, Pulled from another forum

"From playing the game a bit, it seems like the highest ranking member in the squad is automatically the squad leader. By doing this, you and your squad can start getting attack/defend order bonuses. Just like in BC2, except only the SL can do this."

So apparently we are missing something and squad leaders are functioning in the game...although very sneakily it seems

Comment

The highest ranking person may not want to lead. Why reinvent this wheel??? Why not just improve on what was there?!?
                    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RedTalon View Post
                      Also, Pulled from another forum

"From playing the game a bit, it seems like the highest ranking member in the squad is automatically the squad leader. By doing this, you and your squad can start getting attack/defend order bonuses. Just like in BC2, except only the SL can do this."

So apparently we are missing something and squad leaders are functioning in the game...although very sneakily it seems
                      Hm. Not so sure about that. How's it work when unranked?

Comment

Originally posted by RedTalon View Post

what is EOR?
                        End of round
                        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement