Bumps to save the IN-GAME squad management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumps to save the IN-GAME squad management

To me, this is the only thing holding BF3 back for making it a almost perfect game.

After the last Twitter, I am feeling very worried about what's gonna happened in the final release.

I stumbled upon this Feedback post on the Battlelog forums, it says all the right stuff. So please sign it and let's keep it alive so DICE can see what needs to be fixed.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...18957135846/1/

Main needs
    Everything INGAME and optional in Battlog
    - To name squad
    - ability to see all squads
    - ability to see kits used by team members(so you know what role needs to be filled)
    - ability to join desired squad
    - leader has ability to manage squad (lock/kick)
    - in game voip (immediate ability to talk to squadmates)
    - mute button for above (for the rare issues or person who doesn't want to socialize)
    - T-Rose for SL to give movement and objective orders.
    "The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind"
    H.P. Lovecraft

Re: Bumps to save the IN-GAME squad management

May I also suggest tweeting @Demize99 http://twitter.com/#!/Demize99 and, I can't think of the other names, but maybe @battlefield as well and having others retweet your message, hopefully that will get a big enough supporting they will have to listen to it.

Comment

Here is what I posted in the forums:

BF2: 6 man squads. In-game voip. Squad leaders who can set attack/defend/move orders for squads. Ability to rename squads. Ability to leave and join squads of choice. Commanders who can give orders to squad leaders.

BF2142: 6 man squads. In-game voip. Squad leaders who can set attack/defend/move orders for squads. Ability to rename squads. Ability to leave and join squads of choice. Commanders who can give orders to squad leaders.

Bad Company 2: 4 man squads. Ability to leave and join squads of choice.

BF3: 4 man squads.

As the graphics and gameplay of the title evolves, the squad system that plays such an integral part of making BF what it is gets worse and worse. Battlefield is about teamwork. The in-game framework in earlier Battlefield titles (commanders, squad leaders, voip) are what made the game so special. Over time we've seen those tools promoting teamwork get reduced/removed, and now there is essentially nothing left. We can get in a random squad not of our choosing with total strangers. We cannot voice communicate with them, and there is no structure provided to have the squad moving towards a common goal.

Bring back squads the way they used to be. You have a multi-multi-million dollar project, and you can't implement basic functionality you all had mastered more than 5 years ago. It's a huge disappointment.
      TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

signed

Comment

Well said Crux +rep
          sigpic

Comment

Excellent observation, Crux.

Any speculation on why the ongoing reduction in team-based play capabilities?

It seems to be so counter-intuitive given the context of network culture and the rise of online social media.
            sigpic

Comment

Console Developer Retardation. In effort to cater to the console they have forgotten how to develop PC mechanics.

Sent from HTC EVO via Tapatalk
              "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
              "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
                Console Developer Retardation. In effort to cater to the console they have forgotten how to develop PC mechanics.

Sent from HTC EVO via Tapatalk
                I concur. In an attempt to grab a larger audience they are neglecting the PC audience. This can also be seen by them stating they will release expansion packs to the PS3 a week before any other platform, while a week isn't that long of a time, it is still a slap in the face to the platform that helped make BattleField such a huge game.

Comment

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...1139117954644/

That's the thread I made with the above points. Bump to support!
                  TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

360 mainly player here.

I support this tread. I would not say 'console dev' retardation, but COD retardation. Frontlines Fuel of War had the best squad setup on Consoles and we've yet to see it again. Lockable/bootable squads, Squad Leader to Squad Leader chat and local area voip. Why haven't we seen this in another game? It totally allows for awesome gameplay between randoms!!!

Comment

Bumped thread.

Apparently, DICE is aware of squad issues and 'getting a write up on how squads will work'. Wow.

We have seen the forums comments about squads.
                      I will need to verify with the game team as it has gone through updates since the BETA went live.
                      You are correct though, the BETA squad system is broken and a known bug.
                      Source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...1518966795507/

We are working on getting a write up of how squads will work so we can lay that one to rest. Squads are broken in the BETA though.
                      http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...1518966906201/

Comment

I found this post on battlelog, i'm trying to find the source for it. If true then some of our worries are relieved. Sadly though I don't think that there is alot of faith left in the community in regards to anything that DICE is going to say.

edit: Source: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...-update-2.aspx
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm of the opinion that VOIP can work through Battlelog if integrated properly (ie. making it work seamlessly with the in-game squads) and that it could be a very good thing.

However, the in-game squad functionality needs to be much better. This game is not supposed to be Bad Company 3 but a full on Battlefield title and as such I expect the squad tools to be suitable to a full BF title, not this cut-down crap.

Comment

Here is another post in the same vein as what crux wrote, not sure how these are going to make a difference but . . . . . for your reading pleasure: battlelog post
                            sigpic

Comment

From bleedingknees post it sounds as if the squads are going to be fixed properly, all we need is voip, personally i am very optimistic and I think DICE will pull through with our requests
                              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X