Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

    Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things
    Source

    This is a horrible move on their part and is actually making me reconsider purchasing this game. I was perfectly okay with everything else, but this I am not.
    A.E.K.Δ.B.


  • #2
    Re: Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

    Yes this is what I was talking about in the Squad thread. I am on the fence about even getting this game now. It does not deserve the title of Battlefield 3.
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

      Almost wish I hadn't pre-ordered now, kinda feel like I'm getting shafted with these important left out things, I would have been more happy with an enhanced BC2 than them ripping out key parts of the series. Even with the complaining that BC2 got it still had a squad list.

      Think they will let me revoke my pre-order? =P
      Last edited by Zelidus; 10-01-2011, 10:51 AM. Reason: additional

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

        Originally posted by Zelidus View Post
        Almost wish I hadn't pre-ordered now, kinda feel like I'm getting shafted with these important left out things, I would have been more happy with an enhanced BC2 than them ripping out key parts of the series. Even with the complaining that BC2 got it still had a squad list.

        Think they will let me revoke my pre-order? =P
        I did mine at Best Buy and am just going to change it to either Batman or Skyrim. Its super easy to do.
        Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

          Well from a experience consistency standpoint it would be great to have it in the game because, you know, that is where you are playing. However getting to battlelog from game (alt-enter) is pretty easy so it is not a hard thing to do. Now squad voip I think is more important than team voip, so If I had to pick one that would be it. I know when I was playing BC2 I remained quite on a lot of things, that would have benefited my squad, just because I did not want to spam the whole team. Now what would be great is if squad leaders could talk to each other so you can get some team wide coordinating going. But I do not feel BF is ruined because of this, the functionality is there and and a step up for BC2 imo.

          There other way I look at it. If I look at all the other FPS out there, this is one of the more team oriented ones. So I kinda just look at it as a different game, and don't think of it as the next BF2. I wish it was, but it is not and it is not necessarily that bad.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

            Originally posted by RedTalon View Post
            ...... However getting to battlelog from game (alt-enter) is pretty easy so it is not a hard thing to do.......
            Maybe it's just me, (or the fact I use firefox?), but alt+enter never worked for me, it seemed like it tried to reconnect me to the game instead of open the game window.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

              There is going to be too much uproar(on pc AND consoles) if they actually kept the current squad system. I have faith they will fix that.(if they haven't already)

              Squad VOIP though - I am worried about that.

              However, please note that TG is not going to stand by and just hope for the best. We are working on an internal solution to be ready if needed that will prioritize squad voip with automated movement into squad channels along with providing additional team chat features. It won't be as ideal as in game voip but it will be better than BC2 coms. You will hear more on that as it develops.
              |TG-12th|mantis

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

                Originally posted by fbmantis View Post
                there is going to be too much uproar(on pc and consoles) if they actually kept the current squad system. I have faith they will fix that.(if they haven't already)

                squad voip though - i am worried about that.

                However, please note that tg is not going to stand by and just hope for the best. We are working on an internal solution to be ready if needed that will prioritize squad voip with automated movement into squad channels along with providing additional team chat features. It won't be as ideal as in game voip but it will be better than bc2 coms. You will hear more on that as it develops.
                i <3 TG.
                Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

                  Originally posted by Greasy Mullet View Post
                  i <3 TG.

                  awww too bad you cancelled your pre order :D
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

                    Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                    Please note that TG is not going to stand by and just hope for the best. We are working on an internal solution to be ready if needed that will prioritize squad voip with automated movement into squad channels along with providing additional team chat features. It won't be as ideal as in game voip but it will be better than BC2 coms. You will hear more on that as it develops.
                    Awesome

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

                      yeah, it sucks that you guys are cancelling your preorders. Rogue and I used the party chat system over quite a few games yesterday, and I worked out fine. The only problem that I see with this is that you can only have 48 per party. It's not so bad though, because you can have your assigned squads join a party together and then enter the game. (in the final you'll be able to change squads). Team chat will be handled via in game or TS3.

                      I (we/TG) am going to make this work, because I am loving the game so far. I think you guys are judging a beta/incomplete product unfairly. The whole point of the battlelog is that it can be updated and changed to the communities need, so I have no doubt the DICE with change if they see their members dropping. They've already implemented quite a few suggestions that have been put up int he battlelog forums.

                      PLH brothers.
                      -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

                        Originally posted by Ven View Post
                        awww too bad you cancelled your pre order :D
                        I did not cancel it, I am just really disapointed about the game and at this point am on the fence if I even want it or not. Too many Battlefieldish qualities have been removed and this squad system screw up just is too much. For me a multiplayer game is all about who I can play with and without squads all we have is TS.

                        I will say a friend of mine reminded me today that 1942 is the battlefield game I consider the best of all and it NEVER had squads and I loved it.
                        Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

                          Originally posted by Greasy Mullet View Post
                          i <3 TG.
                          I agree. If the game itself lacks in some features it is where TG can make it up for enjoyable and fun gaming experience.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

                            Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                            There is going to be too much uproar(on pc AND consoles) if they actually kept the current squad system. I have faith they will fix that.(if they haven't already)

                            Squad VOIP though - I am worried about that.

                            However, please note that TG is not going to stand by and just hope for the best. We are working on an internal solution to be ready if needed that will prioritize squad voip with automated movement into squad channels along with providing additional team chat features. It won't be as ideal as in game voip but it will be better than BC2 coms. You will hear more on that as it develops.
                            I am very glad to hear this. You have my support 100% if we are forced to come up with our own solutions.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Voice chat and squadding will be on the battlelog side of things

                              So if we want to run learn TG squads, with new players on the server, we'll need to "Friend request" them first. Once we do that we'll need to invite them to a squad in Battelog, then invite them into a voice channel for all of it to work. Sounds super intuitive, and fun.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X