128 player server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 128 player server

Badger showed me several servers with 128 players as cap with well over 100 players on them today. The game crashed when we tried to join so we couldn't get in :/

Has anyone heard anything about this? No I do not think there will be 128 player options but is it "fake" and just showing 100+ players? Hacked? Some extreme stress testing just for the fun? Dice people messing around?
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Re: 128 player server

I can not even begin to imagine a map like Metro with 128 players...
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Yeah, well this sounds not too good:

https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/120182322803900416

Please use 32 player max only servers. We cannot guarantee your account security otherwise.
      former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Its a server setup with leaked server files. They are also stealing account info from it.
        -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalWarrior View Post
          Its a server setup with leaked server files. They are also stealing account info from it.
          I am wondering what security concept this is when servers can access your account passwords...
          former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

wow another argument against battle log, security issues :(

Comment

I also noticed a 6 player Caspian server up and some conquest Metro and TDM servers. I wouldn't trust them though.
              A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Originally posted by devaZtation View Post
                wow another argument against battle log, security issues :(
                This plus the password work-around means it's not looking good for Battlelog.
                |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by dawolf View Post
                  I am wondering what security concept this is when servers can access your account passwords...
                  This doesn't mean they get your password.
                  Most likely the servers are given some form of security token used to perform actions on your battlelog account (ie. recording stats, getting unlock status etc.).
                  I've no idea why such a token could be used to attack your main battlelog account but you could have stats reset etc. in theory.

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                  This plus the password work-around means it's not looking good for Battlelog.
                  I'm hoping against hope that this was a time saving step in the beta only. Everybody who develops web applications learns the following VERY important lesson: You can never trust data that comes from a 3rd party. This includes data coming from players.

Comment

What kind of authentication are they using? Plain-text? Jesus. EA is dropping the ball the DICE is taking flak for it when they do not deserve it :(

Comment

Admin note: I seriously recommend everyone stays away from leaked content. Not only could there be problems for you in the future, but you could risk your online identity.
                      Skud

Comment

I actually just clicked to join on a friend without realizing it was a modified/hacked server. As soon as i realized that I immediately exited out of the game. It all made me nervous enough to go and change my EA account password. Pretty scary really, as to how many things are now tied to the 1 master EA account. CC info, billing address, purchase history etc.

Comment

Rocket Arena 3.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ev8e...layer_embedded
                          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I had a friend over and he jumped on while i was eating dinner and he called me over to show me how his RPG was shooting full auto at like 1000RPM (RPG/M?), there was also reloads, unlimited ammo and all kinds of crazy stuff. Im gonna go change my EA PW right now.
                            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                              Holy crap.

Sent from my Droid.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X