Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and worst of bf3 beta

Best and worst of bf3 beta
    Some things are very clear from reading this forum: We hate the mole people, some of us love things that sparkle, and lack of automatic squad VOIP is a terrible idea.

The challenge here is to just pick the 1 thing you like the most and the 1 thing you hate the most. Feel free to give justification to your picks.

Best: Prone
    Worst: Infantry speed is too fast

I am an infantry player, look at my stats in any bf game and you will see me with an assault rifle and defib. The major game changer here is the introduction of prone and the availability of cover. Not being able to go prone in bc2 drove me nuts. It broke any kind of immersion for me. When I am controlling an infantry character, I expect to be able to move in a way that seems at least somewhat realistic. Being able to flop on your belly for cover seems like one of the must haves for me in an infantry environment. I love being able to hurdle over stuff and hide behind a low wall. What kills me though is how fast people can run with sprint unlocks. The top end speed is just too fast, people fly around so quickly I barely have time to see them let alone focus cross-hairs on them. This really promotes a run and gun shotgun environment for close quarters like we had in bc2. I am hoping that maps do not cater to this style of play much.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Re: Best and worst of bf3 beta

Best: Cover

There just seems so much more of it ... all over :)

Worst: Flashlights

I understand getting glared from the enemy ... but from your team mates too?
    Imaging a real super kewl 21st signature here

Situational Awareness Deficiency Syndrome
    It is a serious disease.
    Please Q-Spot! generously

Yah, I got me medals somewhere around here

Comment

Best: You guys.

Worst: Me.

I must have like a 1:15 kdr.
      You folks are great !

Seriously the flashlight is stupid.
      Not a big fan of rush on Metro either.
      VOIP not being in game, and not seeing a list of squads....SUCKS !

The graphics are the the best thing.
      Close 2nd is the Conquest game type.

|

Comment

Best: Assuming a fix on the squad system, a return to more tactical squad play.
        Worst: I miss the birds singing in BC2. Bring back the birds.

Just last night Spyder and I were noting the annoying and unrealistic (there is that word again) speed at which people can run in-game. In full battle gear. Across diffcult terrain. Un.Real.

My second choice for BEST:

Best: The ability to utterly destroy billboards and other advertisements. I always wanted to do that. If only they added a spraypaint can as an upgrade. Virtual graffiti.
        Last edited by E-Male; 10-03-2011, 08:27 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Best: Sniper Glare
          This barely edges out the suppression mechanics for me, but I'm enormously pleased how snipers are punished for chilling out back on some rocks or behind a tree. They have a strong reason now to function as Marksmen, using rifle scopes for the DMRs and staying within a few dozen meters of the frontline.

Worst: DICE's cavalier attitude towards the whole affair.
          For a "True successor to BF2", they have failed on a lot of fundamental levels to improve upon, or even import, the most basic functions from BF2, stuff that really clearly puts a game firmly in the range of PC gaming. There aren't even firm promises that it's planned for the final game, it's all smoke and mirrors from twits tweeting.

Comment

Hmmm lets see,

Best: Weapons. I really like the feel, sound and lethality of the weapons.
            Worst: Revive paddle detection. It's really finicky trying to hit someone with the paddles and I've died dancing around someone trying to hit the sweet spot more than once.

Overall I'm really really enjoying the beta and for once I feel totally confident that it was a worthwhile preorder for me.

Comment

Best = the gun play
              2nd best = The fun rounds I have had with the 16th late at night when we pubraid and all get in the same squad :)
              Worst = people complaining about a beta not being perfect or not being what they define a beta.
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Best: Weapon attachments. When used properly, the flashlight, suppressor etc are simply fantastic. The way you can use flashlights tactically indoors is great. Kitting up for a sneaky assault with a suppressor really makes a difference. The unfortunate part is I think most people have no clue what they are doing and give tools like the flashlight a bad name.

Worst: Squads/Battlecom. I shouldn't need my browser to play BF3. It'd be bearable if they had implemented it well, but they haven't. They tried to make BattleBook (instead of Facebook) and clearly spent their time on the social network aspects and not enough on making it remotely useful for actually getting in a server you want to be in with friends on the same side and in the same squad.
                TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

Best: Run n gun not being an effective strategy.
                  Worst: Squads. They way they are implemented, I wonder why they put them in there at all.

Comment

Best: Suppression. If I had to say one thing they absolutely got right, its the suppression mechanic.

Worst: Communication by DICE...there seems to be so much contradictory or vague information out there that its just a huge mess. I can't believe they actually pay someone to answer questions and deal with the community and its this bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
                      Best: Suppression. If I had to say one thing they absolutely got right, its the suppression mechanic.

Worst: Communication by DICE...there seems to be so much contradictory or vague information out there that its just a huge mess. I can't believe they actually pay someone to answer questions and deal with the community and its this bad.
                      This reminds me of a daily definition I got the other day,

Newspeak: propagandistic language marked by euphemism, circumlocution, and the inversion of customary meanings : double-talk
                      "With all the twists and turns of newspeak, it's virtually impossible to figure out exactly what any candidate stands for anymore," complained Brian.
                      That's probably why he is the Community Manager, because he double-talks and tip-toes around questions so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Crux View Post
                        Best: Weapon attachments. When used properly, the flashlight, suppressor etc are simply fantastic. The way you can use flashlights tactically indoors is great. Kitting up for a sneaky assault with a suppressor really makes a difference. The unfortunate part is I think most people have no clue what they are doing and give tools like the flashlight a bad name.

Worst: Squads/Battlecom. I shouldn't need my browser to play BF3. It'd be bearable if they had implemented it well, but they haven't. They tried to make BattleBook (instead of Facebook) and clearly spent their time on the social network aspects and not enough on making it remotely useful for actually getting in a server you want to be in with friends on the same side and in the same squad.
                        Haha! Battlebook! This is what I was getting at on a recent post.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Crux again."

Comment

BEST: Cover and concealment

Worst: Too many to mention. But to be different I will go with health regen. Seriously? In a BF game? Why bother with medics and engi's? I can just park my tank, hid my sorry ass, or fly my jet away, 10 seconds later I am full health. Pathetic pandering to the COD kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                            BEST: Cover and concealment

Worst: Too many to mention. But to be different I will go with health regen. Seriously? In a BF game? Why bother with medics and engi's? I can just park my tank, hid my sorry ass, or fly my jet away, 10 seconds later I am full health. Pathetic pandering to the COD kids.
                            I believe that can be turned off, or is off on hardcore servers, I assume TG will be doing hardcore servers and this won't be an issue, right?

Comment

Best: Caspian Border, this is Battlefield.
                              Worst: Rush, It's still not a 'Battlefield' experience.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X