• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caspian Border...

Is there any way to play this map?

Re: Caspian Border...

Originally posted by DrBob477 View Post
    Is there any way to play this map?
    Currently not. The servers that were up have been taken down and EA/DICE have not indicated any plans to let us test on the map.

I would say there's a SMALL chance that towards the end of the beta we might get a chance to play Caspian but I wouldn't put money on it.

Comment

Please, please, please!!! It was awesome.
      |TG|Melee
      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Wow... this has really been a disappointing and very disconcerting beta experience...

Comment

Wow... this has really been a disappointing and very disconcerting beta experience...
          Why? Don't you like playing the same Rush map from the alpha over and over and over and over and over and ...

Comment

Speaking for myself, if I don't get a chance to see any more conquest in the beta, it's less likely I will purchase.

|

Comment

Originally posted by Warlab View Post
              Speaking for myself, if I don't get a chance to see any more conquest in the beta, it's less likely I will purchase.
              Obviously to each his own, but Conquest will be present in the retail version so I'm not too concerned about it not being present in the beta and I won't be letting it's absence influence my decision to purchase the game. We all know the beta is not representative of the final product, at least in this case. DICE's biggest mistake was labeling this a Beta because it simply sets one's expectations to an unrealistic level, and their PR team has done a horrible job of managing those expectations.

Feel free to take shots at me for being naive or whatever, but I have faith that the final product will look a lot more like Battlefield than a Bad Company knock-off.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I guess I got spoiled by the RO2 beta. They gave us 2 different maps every couple of days to try out. They also pushed out bug fixes almost every day up to the release. They have also continued to bug fix in a pretty quick fashion afterward. It hasn't even been a month since release and they have pushed out at least 3 post release fixes with another inbound shortly.

I think the expectation for the BF3 beta was higher since it did have an alpha. Since the alpha was also Metro Rush, the beta has been kind of a let down (unless you actually played Caspian, I didn't). With an almost month long beta you'd think they could have patched a few things and given us different maps to play with. Maybe they still will...

We have to remember that the beta isn't even a week old yet with another 3 weeks before release. I for one will hold my trolling until we see action or inaction on their part.

Even though my posts have been downers, I'm still hopeful. I want BF3 to shine.

Comment

Draeh.

The beta is actually not even 2 weeks long
                  Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Yeah but if I'm not mistaken (which i may be, never followed RO) wasn't the dev team for RO2 mostly made up of guys who made some mod of the original Red Orchestra? A dev team that knows what its like to be cold shouldered and not listened to by a games developers? So with that kind of experience in mind, they decided to be extremely responsive and cooperative with the players?
                    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                      Feel free to take shots at me for being naive or whatever, but I have faith that the final product will look a lot more like Battlefield than a Bad Company knock-off.
                      I think I should have said: " purchase upon it's release."
                      Dispo, I pray you are right because I know that's exactly what Im looking for :)

|

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                        Draeh.

The beta is actually not even 2 weeks long
                        I missed that.

I'm not sure why I thought it was longer.

Comment

Dreah, they have patched the beta almost daily. For one: the servers are a thousand times more stable than they were on day one. They disabled terrain destruction to eliminate the constant falling through the ground, although it still happens. They fixed the really buggy squad system, somewhat... and I am sure someone here has posted each of the lists of things they have fixed with each release, I know I have seen a couple lists at least.
                          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                          E Pluribus Unum
                          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                            Why? Don't you like playing the same Rush map from the alpha over and over and over and over and over and ...
                            I'm a goldfish, so I don't actually notice that.
                            I'm a goldfish so I don't actually notice that.
                            I'm a goldfish so I don't actually notice that.
                            sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                            Former ARMA Admin
                            Former ARMA TGU instructor
                            Former TGU Headmaster
                            Current Noob
                            Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse